Dyson Big Ball Vacuum Overview

Krassimir

Dyson Big Ball Overview

I initially decided to go down the route of Dyson due to their brands motto for quality and reliability. Sadly this particular unit and its entire line have too many inherent design flaws which deter from a significantly superior product in Dysons older range like the DC23. Inferior cheaper plastics mean that this product is lighter, easier to carry, but also that it breaks and wears down faster. Vacuums with filters are tried and tested old systems which have some benefits and should not be considered as a deterrent to buying this product. The Cinetic range of Dyson products that are filter-less have an issue with graduate bad odder build up over time in the upper parts of the machine. Sadly the only solution to remove it once it's accumulated is to disassemble and reassemble the entire cyclone unit. The Big Ball features a bottom heavy wheel like design that allows the vacuum to remain upright at all times, even during complex motions around the house. Sadly this product has a lot of mediocre brushes which are practically unfeasible given the fact that the hose of this vacuum is far too short for them to be purposefully utilized. The suction although good is not great, and doesn't justify any special merit above its competitors, so it really just comes down to the aesthetic design which is really quite remarkable! You could also wage your purchase on the name / brand and perhaps the Dyson customer care service. The last potential nail in the coffin to this vacuum in my opinion might be the size, which is greatly exaggerated as you can't compactly store it or its accessories in one tidy place. At the end of it all you need to personally balance your expectations and requirements when going for a new vacuum cleaner. Just like conventional fans which outperform modern bladeless fans, the customer is now faced with weighing between "cool factor" and general practical usefulness with their Dyson product. Ultimately the choice is yours!

Positives

+ Looks amazing, great visual appeal

+ Good Dyson warranty and care

+ Decent vacuum cleaner聽

+ Affordable

Negatives

- Takes up too much room

- Bad default brushes, requiring extra money for specific uses

- Not as good as previous models

- Inferior plastics

- Inferior design choices

- Several point of failure items

Overall

Great vacuum cleaner if you can get it on a steep discount, otherwise probably not worth it.

Please tell me how I can improve this to turn it into a proper review, thanks 馃檪

I have a Ball and a DC07.聽 The DC07 is superior in every way.聽 My big issue is that Dyson does not build their centrifuge to be disassembled easily--and that means cleaning it (which will eventually be necessary) is beyond ungodly.聽 I love the filtration and how they can remove micro particulates.聽 I hate servicability.