No POST new build | memory error?

Ciip
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

Seems like you need to install newer firmware for better memory compatibility.

image.png.8f5d33e1bd2243ecf32c8e0f53e9c1a4.png

I just finished building my first setup and I get no POST.

I get power through the system as the LEDs light up from the fans, GPU, RAMs (RGB on both sticks works).

With only the power cable plugged in the cooler display shows a red warning sign and the power button on the motherboard is red.

Then I press the power button from the case and the debug LED codes go through this following loop:

some numbers changing very fast -> 00 -> C2 -> C4 -> 12 -> 28 -> 4C -> 54 -> reset & start loop again

from the beginning till C2 the CPU LED is turned on(red) and from the C2 code forward it switches to the DRAM LED.

from the motherboard doc I looked through these codes:

Regular boot
12~14 Reserved
3F~4F Reserved
C0~CF  Reserved

Error
50~55  Memory initialization error occurs

There seems to be only one error (54).

I tried reseating the RAM sticks no change. Then I left just one stick in and still no change.

Do you have any advice on what I should try/do next? 

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-12700K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB(2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz CL36 Dual Channel Kit

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 850W
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i ELITE LCD Display
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4.0 x4 M.2

Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW

Additional fans: 4x Corsair iCUE ML120 RGB ELITE

is the memory you bought on the qvl for that board?

First thing I'd do is try a single stick in each on of the memory slots. Do it with both sticks until you've either you've tried all 8 possibilities or the system boots. 

What's happening now is that the memory is failing to train, which, unfortunately, at idle can mean basically anything. It could be your CPU has a bad memory controller and thus won't work. It could be you got a bad RAM stick(s) and you need to RMA it. It could be that the motherboard BIOS has issues with that particular memory kit and can't figure out how to train. It could be the motherboard has a bad trace on it. The only way to tell is to basically isolate the problem with known working parts.

Doing a BIOS update through BIOS Flashback isn't a bad idea though, and that can help get this system to POST. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

The memory is on the QVL for the board. I checked before buying and again just now.

16 minutes ago, Ciip said:

The memory is on the QVL for the board. I checked before buying and again just now.

Still may be beneficial to update your bios if it isn’t yet as @SupaKomputamentioned 🙂

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Still may be beneficial to update your bios if it isn’t yet as @SupaKomputamentioned 🙂

Yes on it now. Had to look up how to do that since I never done that before 😁

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes that was the issue. After update I got POST. Thanks