weird issues related to internet

so iv been using this pc that i built for idk 6 years? had random issues here and there but they all got fixed but the last week iv been having some really weird issues with my internet

that i cant seem tyo fix  i even wen as far as to reinstall windows clean didnt really help but the weird thing is a vpn seems to make a difference 

its almost as if the internet stops responding for as second and then starts again  for the life of me i cant figure it out and the wifi in the house works fine it seems to only be my pc affected which is connected via ethernet. But whats still weird discord works fine games run fine its just browsing the web that's a problem

things iv tried

changing the cable

flushing the dns and all that other stuff in the cmd

changing the dns server

reinstalling my lan driver

completely reinstalling windows

none of witch helped

my specs

asus b450-f

ryzen 5 2600

32gb corsair ram not overclocked

msi rtx 2060(non super)

not sure if relevant but my isp is Verizon FiOS

i have a theory as to what the issue is i want to know if anyone thinks i may be right

the ethernet port on my motherboard is going bad

Try testing your internet speed with speedtest.net and tell us resoults.

if the problem is realy what you think it is that can be fixed with lan pci card that is not very expencive. But i think that isnt very likly to be the case.

12 minutes ago, Luka95 said:

Try testing your internet speed with speedtest.net and tell us resoults.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13121649547

10 minutes ago, Luka95 said:

if the problem is realy what you think it is that can be fixed with lan pci card that is not very expencive. But i think that isnt very likly to be the case.

wha do you think it could be if not the motherboard?

I suspect more on software side of things than hardware. There is router cofiguration that can be the reason.

looks good to me, do you have some software that can be the problem, if you seed a lot of torrents it can cause problem like that so you can stop them and seed when you sleeep. Also i would call the internet provider and ask them for help, they have to come and solve the problem, or tell you its your pc thats the problem. 

did you try diferent web browsers like firefox or brave.. ?

29 minutes ago, Luka95 said:

I suspect more on software side of things than hardware. There is router cofiguration that can be the reason.

looks good to me, do you have some software that can be the problem, if you seed a lot of torrents it can cause problem like that so you can stop them and seed when you sleeep. Also i would call the internet provider and ask them for help, they have to come and solve the problem, or tell you its your pc thats the problem. 

did you try diferent web browsers like firefox or brave.. ?

i have tried firefox/even edge i have not tried brave

i no onger think its my pc only because WHEN i did a speed test without a vpn(just now)

the download was 800 and upload 0.35 but with the vpn well you saw that so maybe its something with my provider?

even my phones speed is 500 down and 75 up

yea dont use vpn when you are testing internet speed because it can give you different results. Definitly try caling internet provider they should solve the problem or tell you what can cause it if its not them. And than tell us what happend 🙂

On 5/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, War91 said:

the ethernet port on my motherboard is going bad

What makes you say this?

On 5/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, War91 said:

I no onger think its my pc only because WHEN i did a speed test without a vpn(just now)

the download was 800 and upload 0.35 but with the vpn well you saw that so maybe its something with my provider?

Speeds will be slower on a VPN. Your traffic has to be routed to the VPN server in some other part of the world. If that particular server is experiencing heavy use or is connecting to a busy network itself, that can result in issues for you.

Which VPN service are you using? Where are you trying to connect to?

On 5/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, War91 said:

the wifi in the house works fine it seems to only be my pc affected which is connected via ethernet.

Is it ethernet directly to the FiOS device? Uninterrupted?