Blue Screen 5 mins after every other time I start my PC

TheNuzziNuzz
Go to solution Solved by da na,
Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

980 pro I bought brand new.

Second drive is 970 evo

Ah... can you try creating a Linux boot USB and boot from that, see if the same happens. That'll determine hardware failure or Windows issue

The error usually says "Driver Power state failure"

Every OTHER boot, after between 2 and 5 minuets a BSOD. Here are my dumpfiles: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArHstwOM3zZHgc3RW402HylWI-J51-I?e=UlIwgR

This randomly started about a week ago - although I THINK the start of the issue was when my BIOS switched to some 2nd backup BIOS because the motherboard app prompted me to install a BIOS update, and all my bios settings were wiped, The version showed an older version of the BIOS prior to what it was when I updated it when I first got this motherboard, and my saved bios presets were different....weird. I can tell when it switches between the two because the original BIOS instance has a problem were on forced reset (so blue screen, or power loss) it wipes my fan curve settings - whereas the version that I think may be linked to the power state failure BSODs doesn't have the fun curve problem.

I did have occasional BSODS prior to a week ago, so I'm not sure if this is the reason for the issues. However, the BSODs were rare. These are literally multiple times a day, every other I boot to windows.

Windows 11 x64 Pro - Retail, fresh install 2 months

8 months old

CPU: Threadripper 3990x

GPU:  3x RTX 3090 Founders

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1500 T2 80+ Titanium

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus TRX40 XTREME Rev 1.0 - LATEST BIOS VERSION

I can't seem to get perfmon to work. It's been looking like this for 10 minuets: image.thumb.png.475c171a54c6af5d202a43498c19cb2d.png

Computers r fun

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

What drive are you using? 

980 pro I bought brand new.

Second drive is 970 evo

Computers r fun

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Ah... can you try creating a Linux boot USB and boot from that, see if the same happens. That'll determine hardware failure or Windows issue

I just realized, I have some fast mode enabled for my drive in Samsung. And I think after a BSOD, I remember a pop-up saying magician failed to start. I'll try disabling magician and see what happens

Computers r fun

@Mel0nMan

Okay so I think the issue is Samsung Magician. On the boots that don't result in a BSOD the app won't even start!image.png.888f9b328a5304006932fc37baab250c.png

Computers r fun