Slow PC Internet

Ghost_Boi

Recently I built myself a brand new PC, it's been working great as all new PCs should. There is only one flaw. My PC's internet for some reason is incapable of streaming to or from. Attempting to use steam's remote play features to play split-screen with friends doesn't connect, attempting to cast my Oculus quest 2 to my PC using air server/air receiver renders one frame then freezes. All other forms of networking (games, Netflix, YouTube, etc. ) are fine (speeds of 50 down 20 up). My PC is wired to a gigabit modem provided by my ISP, no other devices including my old PC have this issue so I know its not network based. I have reinstalled by networking drivers, run multiple troubleshooting steps to no luck, even switching to 5Ghz WiFi doesn't solve my issues. I figured of all places here someone may be able to help, google can't seem to help my current issue. Details below.

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI)

Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1645 (Up to date)

LAN Driver: Intel I225 LAN Driver V1.0.2.14

WiFi Driver: Intel WiFi driver V22.80.1.1

Screenshot 2022-05-02 223523.png

Screenshot 2022-05-02 224421.png

What isp do you have? what is the Model of you modem (i.e. Xfinity customers usually have a XB-6 or XB-7) 

1 hour ago, Thomas_s_Bacement_Relm said:

What isp do you have? what is the Model of you modem (i.e. Xfinity customers usually have a XB-6 or XB-7) 

I second this. Some of the Routing abilities in ISP provided Routers/Modems are doodoo. The 3 things you are having issues with are among the most demanding thing for a router and or modem to handle, so it could be related.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

8 hours ago, Thomas_s_Bacement_Relm said:

I'm in Australia so I have Telstra with what they call their Smart Modem Gen 1. Don't know if you are familiar with this but it's pretty crappy.

7 hours ago, mr fobs said:

I second this. Some of the Routing abilities in ISP provided Routers/Modems are doodoo. The 3 things you are having issues with are among the most demanding thing for a router and or modem to handle, so it could be related.

I don't believe its modem based as I've had no previous issues with it all the other devices handle these tasks no problem. And like I also said my old PC was able to do these things flawlessly before so I don't know why I'm having issues now.

There may be different issues here, for example Steam sharing probably needs uPNP to be working and your ISP to be providing a public IP address, not all do these days.  Does the router tell you what IP address it has assigned to the WAN?  Just the first half should be enough to tell if its public or CG-NAT.

Oculus Quest 2 on the other hand would be a WiFi issue.  Doesn't that cast from the PC itself rather than the router?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

15 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

There may be different issues here, for example Steam sharing probably needs uPNP to be working and your ISP to be providing a public IP address, not all do these days.  Does the router tell you what IP address it has assigned to the WAN?  Just the first half should be enough to tell if its public or CG-NAT.

Oculus Quest 2 on the other hand would be a WiFi issue.  Doesn't that cast from the PC itself rather than the router?

Steam's uPNP does work as I'm able to connect to friends remote play as I can see that they are the host, it's only once steam starts the streaming I can hear maybe half a second of audio then it disconnects. Using alternatives such as parsec actually provide the information that my network speeds is resulting in a poor connection. And as I've stated I don't believe that it has anything to do with my network as it works on all other devices in my house. Maybe there is some settings on my modem that is affecting it, but not from what I can find. The first half of my WAN IP is 121.217.

The Quest 2 casts directly to my PC. Just to clarify, I can cast games from my PC using the official Oculus Air Link feature, the issue occurs when I attempt to cast my native Oculus Quest 2 screen to my PC.

firefox_ZJp0ZRYuLW.png

7 minutes ago, Ghost_Boi said:

Steam's uPNP does work as I'm able to connect to friends remote play as I can see that they are the host, it's only once steam starts the streaming I can hear maybe half a second of audio then it disconnects. Using alternatives such as parsec actually provide the information that my network speeds is resulting in a poor connection. And as I've stated I don't believe that it has anything to do with my network as it works on all other devices in my house. Maybe there is some settings on my modem that is affecting it, but not from what I can find. The first half of my WAN IP is 121.217.

The Quest 2 casts directly to my PC. Just to clarify, I can cast games from my PC using the official Oculus Air Link feature, the issue occurs when I attempt to cast my native Oculus Quest 2 screen to my PC.

firefox_ZJp0ZRYuLW.png

If you're connecting to your friends stream its THEIR uPNP that is working, not yours.  But that does look like a public IP and it shouldn't be necessary unless you are hosting the game stream.  Trouble is, the problem could equally be caused by their router.

Is the Quest 2 casting directly to the PC or does it go over the routers WiFi?  AFAIK casting can work either way but I don't have a Quest so not sure how you choose.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you're connecting to your friends stream its THEIR uPNP that is working, not yours.  But that does look like a public IP and it shouldn't be necessary unless you are hosting the game stream.  Trouble is, the problem could equally be caused by their router.

Is the Quest 2 casting directly to the PC or does it go over the routers WiFi?  AFAIK casting can work either way but I don't have a Quest so not sure how you choose.

That's just the thing it's not their uPNP as my friends can connect together but they also can''t connect to me if I host a game. I believe the Quest 2 casts directly to the PC as its done over LAN.

1 minute ago, Ghost_Boi said:

That's just the thing it's not their uPNP as my friends can connect together but they also can''t connect to me if I host a game. I believe the Quest 2 casts directly to the PC as its done over LAN.

If its done over LAN then surely that's over the routers WiFi as the Quest 2 isn't physically connected to anything?  Is the PC wired to the LAN?  If both are on WiFi I'd expect problems with this setup.

If they cannot connect to you it might be a uPNP problem on the router, you could try manually port forwarding instead of relying on the router to do it.

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

If its done over LAN then surely that's over the routers WiFi as the Quest 2 isn't physically connected to anything?  Is the PC wired to the LAN?  If both are on WiFi I'd expect problems with this setup.

If they cannot connect to you it might be a uPNP problem on the router, you could try manually port forwarding instead of relying on the router to do it.

The PC is a wired connection with Cat5e cable. I have tried manually port forwarding as well, no solution.