Kubuntu keep log me off my wifi

1 hour ago, Nayr438 said:

There is no reason to upgrade your system, regenerate grub, and regenerate initramfs every time you make a change...

Also if it's a power management issue, which is fairly common on Realtek WiFi modules, linux-hardware db shows it uses the "rtl8821ae" module.

You can disable power management with

echo 'options rtl8821ae ips=0 fwlps=0' | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8821ae.conf
reboot

Isn't updating the packages necessary? I do not think so. Furthermore, the creation of an image of the system allows you to return to a previous status. In this case the /etc/network/interface file is missing so you need to refer to NetworkManager. I used the nano editor, but I am able to write the command directly. NetworkManager is enough to solve the RFC2863 issue. The “ip link set command is just out of zeal. 
Also in this case the generic driver is in use, as I have already pointed out to another user. There is a guide for NetworkManager values.

https://gist.github.com/jcberthon/ea8cfe278998968ba7c5a95344bc8b55
You’re welcome 😉 

Edited by FUIT1985
NetworkManager power saving Wi-Fi values unofficial tech tip

19 hours ago, FUIT1985 said:

sudo ip link set wlp1s0 mode default

Ok so, I went in a call with a friend, he made me run maybe 10 sets of commands. We never found the solution but we came to a conclusion. For some reason, the "dormant" mode of the interface is reapplied everytime the computer restart but can be set back to default by the command I quoted (until the next restart obviously).

Given that, I thought of running this command on startup, to set back the interface to default mode right after the system pushed the dormant mode. I used crontab with the @ reboot parameter to do this. It didn't fix it, meaning the dormant mode is pushed after crontab is lunched.

If you have any thought about all of that I will be glad to hear it, my friend is a quite heavy user of linux, in my opinion at least and by the end of our call he told to me that he have no other idea of why this is appening.

List of commands we runned :

image.png.ccad2b6d1a13085925ea315324ae486b.pngimage.thumb.png.6c1cfc6f3c84cb85fe2ffc52834b6c9f.png

Inside the rtl8821ae.conf (my wifi card), we wrote that: 

image.png.047ed4aa7c73648aecee0713b7fccbb8.png

20 hours ago, Deadly_cry said:

Ok so, I went in a call with a friend, he made me run maybe 10 sets of commands. We never found the solution but we came to a conclusion. For some reason, the "dormant" mode of the interface is reapplied everytime the computer restart but can be set back to default by the command I quoted (until the next restart obviously).

Given that, I thought of running this command on startup, to set back the interface to default mode right after the system pushed the dormant mode. I used crontab with the @ reboot parameter to do this. It didn't fix it, meaning the dormant mode is pushed after crontab is lunched.

If you have any thought about all of that I will be glad to hear it, my friend is a quite heavy user of linux, in my opinion at least and by the end of our call he told to me that he have no other idea of why this is appening.

This happens for the RFC2863 protocol (see operational states of kernel) The "ip link set" command is granted to the administrator, who can even permanently disable power saving from userspace. However your list is useless, since you have hidden the command outputs. I suggested a different way to turn it off. Was the rtl8821ae.conf file already present? Or did you create it with nano?
Also ask your friend to check for configuration files in /etc/network/if-up.d with

cd /etc/network/if-up.d && ls

I wanted to deactivate power saving from NetworkManager to guarantee the deactivation even with the use of external wifi interfaces. Instead, you have copied and implemented several ways taken at random from the internet and they probably went into conflict. Then, sorry why "crontab"?😅

In order to help you, you should share here the output of this command

lspci -knn | grep Net -A2

to check the driver you are using (and if you and your friend have copied the wrong configuration file - rtl8821ae.conf - from the internet).

Furthermore you will have to check the value 0 (meaning) of the rtw_power_mgnt=0 option of rtl8821ae.conf and evaluate whether to uncomment the above option (for power management).

In short, you have to look for the meaning and syntax of values and of the relative options you wrote with your friend in the configuration file rtl8821ae.conf. For example rtw_enusbss could be the option to activate or deactivate the auto-suspend of your Wi-Fi (maybe, yes, no… 🤣).

Good Luck

17 hours ago, FUIT1985 said:

Then, sorry why "crontab"?😅

I will check all of that with him thank you ^^. About crontab, since this command:

sudo ip link set wlp1s0 mode default

works (the mode change from dormant to default), and since on reboot the mode is set back to default, I (only me, that's maybe why the idea is trash xD) had the idea to make linux run this command on startup, to switch the mode right after it was changed by the system. So why crontab: because when you type on google "linux run command on startup" that's the first thing that show up 🤣