PC In Different Room Question

JoNBoY

Ok guys this is the setup of the pc I would like to move to another room due to the room its in gets crazy hot clearly thunderbolt to a dock would be great as per Linus video back in the day but with ryzen don't have thunderbolt support without buying a new board so my question is can this be done via usb gen 3.2 type c to a dock with display port and have 240hz? and then plug in mouse keyboard headset via this dock and have a single cable to the other room?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 6-Core 3.70GHz, 4.6GHz

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus: ATX w/ RGB, PCIe 4.0, USB 3.2, SATA3, 2x M.2 

That might be possible, but it requires that the USB C port has DP injected. Basically, you'd need either a GPU with a Type C port or a motherboard with DP inputs (only one I'm aware of is the B550 Vision D-P), neither of which are super likely. 

You could, however, do it with 2 cables pretty easily. Get an optical DP cable and an optical Type C cable and just don't use the DP/HDMI port on the dock, plug it directly into the PC. 

any suggestions for good cables? then and a dock? I'm about 7ft away ohh and i have a 3080

3 minutes ago, JoNBoY said:

any suggestions for good cables? then and a dock? I'm about 7ft away

I'm not good on the specific models of this niche, I know how the tech works, what's possible and what's not, but that's about where my expertise ends. 

I do this . You dont need a thunderbolt dock. 1x dp long enough cable. 1 powered usb hub and long enough cable. And that’s it. Connect the powered hub where your monitor is. Connect your stuff to this hub . That’s it. 2 cables but big deal. Put a nice cover over it and works awesome. 

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive