12700K temps are bit high

baq

hi all, i know that there is an issue with ILM bending cpu, but i removed my cooler and the paste spread seems fine,i have msi 360 aio with 1700 lga bracket. temp on idle from 45-60c , and when i run modded minecraft shoots up to 90s C.

i reapplied thermal paste and still same issue, starting to think there is a software bug or something , performance monitor shows cpu usage < 40%.

what made me think this could be software is that under the same load sometimes after a while it goes down to 65-80c

latest bios for z690 carbon wifi, windows 11 if that helps.

you can see idle temps and startup programs, even with ac running motherboard led shows temp 99c but radiator fans out flow and case air are cold..

146.png

145.png

IMG_20220426_200529.jpg

IMG_20220426_200531.jpg

In addition to the AIO recall, I think a little more thermal paste is needed. Seems a little thin. And which case do you have, OP?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

In addition to the AIO recall, I think a little more thermal paste is needed. Seems a little thin. And which case do you have, OP?

That amount of spread is fine, it's just that this AIO has been recalled. This exact thing happened many different times, pretty cut and dry. 

Judging by the amount of paste on there and the lack of any spread to that bottom corner, I'm going to go with "not enough mounting pressure"

I think a pump failure would manifest much worse than the temps you're getting.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

hi all, thanks for your replies, i have asus tuf case gt501 https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Gaming-Cases/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Gaming-GT501/  with 3 fans front and aio mounted top, yest its mag coreliquid 360 r, its true aio been recalled, i check my serial number and it says not does not qualify? it makes noise each time i start pc which i assume its air, i felt the tubes one hot and the other less hot. idk

i did reapply paste with small spatula evenly and generosouly . everything stock no OC from bios not even ram xmp as it is not stable and BSOD windows, honestly i've been regretting alder lake.

@GuiltySpark_ it is now haha

3 hours ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

Judging by the amount of paste on there and the lack of any spread to that bottom corner, I'm going to go with "not enough mounting pressure"

I think a pump failure would manifest much worse than the temps you're getting.

hi, i did reapply and the spread was better, i put as much pressure as sense make, i checked the bracket stands and nothing can be done.

how much paste is really enough? i see people using pea or dot method and some use 2 lines, i put some amount and spread it all over.

so its either pump is failing, even though its 4 months old, or cooler doesnt fit well??

is it possible it can be software? because sometimes the temps drop for no reason under the same laod

2 minutes ago, baq said:

how much paste is really enough?

There is no such thing as too much, it just depends on how much you want to clean up. (that stuff is impossible to clean too...)

you are not worng but not correct either XD yeah it is pain to clean thats why i use just enough and i dont want any "spill", thankfully i use mx-4 non conductive paste, ill try to reapply bit more and see. thanks for your reply

an update, i think the aio is not making good contact, specailly "left" bottom quarter, i checked another 2 times by applying more paste, and tightening the 1700 bracket which is a joke , plastic and wiggles, i thought it was the aio but the pump rpm shows changing and i hear the pump everytime i run my pc, and one of the tubes really hot and the other is not so again im confused... i think ill go for dark rock pro and see what happens.

i added more paste and the dispersion is uneven, i tried to tightel ILM screws and there was some "space" left, but the temps are the same idle at 50-60 C degrees.

https://imgur.com/a/9rCQcO4

idk what to do.