Mouse disconnects and reconnects instantly

urmumsbestpal

I have a Logitech G203
I have had it for a while and for the past couple of months I have had this issue where it disconnects and reconnects instantly, but often it disconnects and doesn't reconnect back unless I restart the PC. I could deal with it disconnecting and reconnecting but I don't want to restart the PC when it just doesn't work anymore. It happens more often when I'm playing games so maybe it has something to do with fullscreen applications.
I have tried changing the USB port, I have tried reinstalling drivers, and I have tried the USB root hub power management where you don't allow the computer to turn off the device to save power

Do you use a amd CPU? 

Update your bios/uefi 

If not 

We need more information 

CPU 

Motherboard 

Ram

PSU 

And so on 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

12 hours ago, SamClan said:

Do you use a amd CPU? 

Update your bios/uefi 

If not 

We need more information 

CPU 

Motherboard 

Ram

PSU 

And so on 

its an HP Z420 Workstation
CPU: Intel Zeon E5-1620

Ram: 16gb ddr3 1600mhz

PSU: 600 Watt 90% efficient power supply

GPU: gt 1030 (the original that came with the pre built was a quadro 2000 that broke) 

as for the motherboard the website doesnt provide any info

What I would do is, plug it into another system and see if it behaves the same way. 

That would mean mouse is broken. 

Or plug another mouse into your work station. 

Why? Because we want to figure out which of those 2 devices is the problem. 

Are you using the Logitech software?

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:55 AM, jonlikesturtles said:

I have a Logitech G203
I have had it for a while and for the past couple of months I have had this issue where it disconnects and reconnects instantly, but often it disconnects and doesn't reconnect back unless I restart the PC.

Have you resolved the issue?  

I had a similar issue with my g400 last year.  Mine was caused by the cord, in the area where it connects to the front of the mouse.  Unfortunately it looks like there are a few Logitech mice from that era with the same cord deficiencies.

(search "Logitech G400 Mouse Disconnection Issue Fix" on youtube to see an example of the issue.  first 45 secs of video, try bending the cord as shown in the video and see if it happens)

I didn't have to restart my computer when experiencing this issue,  but maybe due to your drivers or OS it needed that to fix/re-intialise?

It really seems like that is the possibility, cause I do see the g203 mentioned on some YT videos.  BUT... maybe there could be something else wrong.   Last resort is new mouse obviously..

And the outcome for me.    Am inept with electronics and tinkering,  lack of tools.  Was fortunate to still have old mx518 around,  and was able to remove that cord and replace the bad one in the g400. 

[ there's a slight difference in construction of the cord between mx518, & g400.  But both still can have issues it seems. And if I'm lucky,  that mx518 cord might last and live a second lifetime in the g400.  🙂  plus I think that cord is at least 15 years now, cheering for 2 decades as I'm not interested in finding a new mouse. ]