i feel nauseous playing fps games

GeneralGene

sounds like motion sickness, you can alleviate this by changing the FoV in game and maybe moving your monitor further away from you on your desk (if possible). what you need to change it to is different per person, so can't really give much guidance beyond that.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

sounds like motion sickness, you can alleviate this by changing the FoV in game and maybe moving your monitor further away from you on your desk (if possible). what you need to change it to is different per person, so can't really give much guidance beyond that.

Thank you for the advice . I've only had this problem with games like cod , battlefield etc idk why , well thanks anyways , I will try what you suggested.

Have you tried turning off motion blur in the settings? I've heard people say it gives them motion sickness

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Great ideas above with the fov and motion blur. 

You could try turning down the mouse speed to reduce induced wobble too. 

I absolutely can relate. I have tried multiple things, at the end of the day it was a combo of turning off motion blur, turning down my mouse sensitivity and moving to a smaller monitor. All of those things helped to a point but at the end of the day I needed to limit my play to 60 minutes or less and then take a 15 minute break or so to stop from feeling sick

My wife gets it when we play scenic games on the projector, screen fills most of your view so being stationary while the visual reference points are whipping around can be disorienting. I was able to fix it with increasing FOV to 100+deg and moving a bit further away from the screen so there's reference points in peripheral vision. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

When i switched from console first person shooter to the PC i built originally I was getting headaches leading to nausea.  I was using a 4k 60hz monitor and someone suggested seeing if I could borrow or try a friends higher refresh rate monitor and I stopped having that problem.  Was that the exact issue?  I don't know but changing from the 4k 60hz to a 1440p 144hz I stopped getting headaches.