(FIXED) My keyboard is spamming the ` key and no matter what I try I can't fix it.

Franker7

Hi my Razer Cynosa Lite is spamming the ` key and no matter what I try I can't fix it.

Things I have tried

- I have opened up my keyboard to check for physical problems.

- I have ran the windows keyboard troubleshoot at least 5 times.

- I have tried my keyboard on other computers and it has not had the same problem.

- I have tried other keyboards on my computer and the problem still shows.

- I have tried gotten so desperate that I tried taking out my RAM sticks, switching slots and trying them out at one at a time (I have a 2x16gb pair) 

- I have reinstalled windows and the problem persists.

I believe that it is something to do with my computers hardware because the problem only happens on it, switching keyboards doesn't help and a full disk wipe doesn't help. I have had this problem a few weeks ago but then it held down the control key and not the ` key.

PC specs

AMD Ryzen 5600x

AMD Radeon rx5600xt

Gigabyte Aourus X570 elite 

HyperX 32gb 3600mhz RAM 2x16gb 

GameMax iceberg 240mm AIO

Toshiba 1tb HDD

HP 128gbM.2 SSD

GameMax 750w PSU

16506573412277291184047325928374.jpg

Edited by Franker7
I have fixed the problem

So you've done a great job at troubleshooting and eliminating all of the possible issues. After all that, it points you in the direction to determine where the problem is coming from. Since it does it no matter what keyboard you use, and the keyboard when used on another computer does not have the same issue, it definitely means something is wrong with your PC and your PC only. Could be hardware or software.

The easiest and first route you should take is software. I would boot into safe mode and see if the problem persists. If not, then you know it's a piece of software installed on your system causing the problem. If it still persists, it is very likely that you're looking at a hardware issue.

Hardware could make sense... it would mean there's an issue with your motherboard. As it turns out, keyboards communicate over USB VERY simply in relation to other USB devices. It is possible that something is causing rogue data to be intercepted on a USB header or port. Could be dirt, a short, bent pin, any number of things. If you determine it is hardware related, I would look closely at your USB headers and inside your USB ports to check for debris or damage.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

44 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

So you've done a great job at troubleshooting and eliminating all of the possible issues. After all that, it points you in the direction to determine where the problem is coming from. Since it does it no matter what keyboard you use, and the keyboard when used on another computer does not have the same issue, it definitely means something is wrong with your PC and your PC only. Could be hardware or software.

The easiest and first route you should take is software. I would boot into safe mode and see if the problem persists. If not, then you know it's a piece of software installed on your system causing the problem. If it still persists, it is very likely that you're looking at a hardware issue.

Hardware could make sense... it would mean there's an issue with your motherboard. As it turns out, keyboards communicate over USB VERY simply in relation to other USB devices. It is possible that something is causing rogue data to be intercepted on a USB header or port. Could be dirt, a short, bent pin, any number of things. If you determine it is hardware related, I would look closely at your USB headers and inside your USB ports to check for debris or damage.

Ty fam this fixed the problem it was epic games launcher, i booted into safe mode and it fixed it so I went and disabled all start up apps and turned them on one by one and found it was epic games causing problems, Thanks.