I'm just curious if a laptop is ok for gaming with running while the lid is closed using a external monitor?

1 minute ago, ROGUE_WOLF said:

I'm just curious if a laptop is ok for gaming with running while the lid is closed using a external monitor?

Many devices have this capability, but often laptops have a decent screen built in anyways.

that shouldn't be a problem as the general sum of laptops pull air from under the computer and push hot air out the back or side.

Unless its some weird around the display cooler thats fine

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

If you mean the g14 that is fine and that laptop has a decent display that you could use as a secondary display anyways

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Ive done it before, it should be fine. I think you need to do something in the settings where you make it so that closing the lid doesn't put the pc in sleep

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Many devices have this capability, but often laptops have a decent screen built in anyways.

I was just curious because I have the laptop and I use a external monitor as the main screen because it's bigger I was just curious if it would overheat or with the lid closed or damage anything because the ryzen 9 and a rtx3060 in it

7 minutes ago, ROGUE_WOLF said:

I was just curious because I have the laptop and I use a external monitor as the main screen because it's bigger I was just curious if it would overheat or with the lid closed or damage anything because the ryzen 9 and a rtx3060 in it

I do not know the size of said computer, but here:https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Compatible-Notebook-Soundance-LS1/dp/B07D74DT3B?th=1

this stand will put your laptop up in the air to make drawing in cool fresh air much easier. I do not think the lid being shut will do anything, I haven't seen a laptop use an intake on or near the keyboard that is from after 2005.

3 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

I do not know the size of said computer, but here:https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Compatible-Notebook-Soundance-LS1/dp/B07D74DT3B?th=1

this stand will put your laptop up in the air to make drawing in cool fresh air much easier. I do not think the lid being shut will do anything, I haven't seen a laptop use an intake on or near the keyboard that is from after 2005.

Ok thank you for the information 🙂 

Just now, ROGUE_WOLF said:

Ok thank you for the information 🙂 

'Welcome

Just remember that laptops like to be lifted up off of the table in order to draw in enough air. A stand will improve temperatures, and possibly even performance, by giving your laptop the fighting chance it needs to cool itself down.

8 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

'Welcome

Just remember that laptops like to be lifted up off of the table in order to draw in enough air. A stand will improve temperatures, and possibly even performance, by giving your laptop the fighting chance it needs to cool itself down.

Ok thank you