Recommendations For Over Ear Headphones With Mic And Inline Controls

nick name

Hello friends I am looking for recommendations for over ear headphones with inline controls for muting the mic and controlling volume (volume control less important).  The mic quality is the more important than audio quality (I'll be using the headset for taking calls and not gaming or consuming media).  I have an on ear headset that works well enough, but they hurt after a bit. 

Thank you.   

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Budget? I own a pair of JBL Quantum 100 and they do fulfill your requirements. Has a detachable boom mic, and from what I can tell, the mic quality is also good. They cost me about $30.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

12 hours ago, nick name said:

Hello friends I am looking for recommendations for over ear headphones with inline controls for muting the mic and controlling volume (volume control less important).  The mic quality is the more important than audio quality (I'll be using the headset for taking calls and not gaming or consuming media).  I have an on ear headset that works well enough, but they hurt after a bit. 

Thank you.   

For calls, I'm going to suggest the Poly Voyager 8200UC. Poly specializes in headsets for business and these have good reviews on the mic quality. https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Bluetooth-USB-Compatible-Dual-Mode

On 4/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, RockSolid1106 said:

Budget? I own a pair of JBL Quantum 100 and they do fulfill your requirements. Has a detachable boom mic, and from what I can tell, the mic quality is also good. They cost me about $30.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:01 AM, ShearMe said:

For calls, I'm going to suggest the Poly Voyager 8200UC. Poly specializes in headsets for business and these have good reviews on the mic quality. https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Bluetooth-USB-Compatible-Dual-Mode

Sorry, I should have mentioned budget.  I'd like to stay under $150, but more so $100.  Definitely not looking to spend $400+ though I appreciate @ShearMe pointing those out.  I actually saw 'em when searching the Poly site as the headset I use is also a Poly set.  Just on ear and uncomfortable after a while.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case