Just realised I was running RAM in single channel mode. Now fixed. Expected uplift?

Hi,

I was swapping the cooler on my 2nd PC today and I realised that when I installed everything, I misread the motherboard manuals explanation of where to place the RAM. I put the 2 sticks into single channel slots. Pretty dumb of me. I'm pretty tech savvy. 

Anyway, I've fixed it now...but am wondering if I should be expecting any noticeable performance uplifts? It's a R7 2700X, 2x8Gb 3000mhz RAM, 1650super.

I use it as a streaming computer primarily. I don't game on it.

Thanks 

There would probably be minor performance improvements if you used the computer for something that hit your RAM and was capable of going faster. You probably won't see any difference since you're just using it as a streaming computer, and there's only so much work a streaming computer can do before it runs out of frames to process.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Depends on the workload. The memory performance will be basically double. In workloads that are very memory intensive like certain rendering benchmarks, 10% or more faster is pretty possible. In workloads that aren't very memory intensive (I.E. Cinebench), more in the low single digit solutions if any.

For just rendering, it pretty much just comes down to good enough or not good enough. If you do other stuff on the computer, then you might see performance uplifts in those, but in just rendering you're gonna have basically the same performance since it's probably already enough.