Windows 11 Bluetooth audio cutting out

RageAx
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,
8 minutes ago, RageAx said:

ASROCK Z690M-ITX/ax, but I don't have the antennas installed. I have also set roaming aggression to lowest.

That's the problem. If you have no antenna the range is really crappy. I'm surprised it even works without sitting right next to the WiFi card

I have built a new system with Win11 installed on it. As the title says, I get frequent audio "cuts" whilst using my Razer Opus headset. The headset works flawlessly on my mobile device and my laptop (win 10) and if connected via cable.

I have tried:

• reinstall the Bluetooth driver
  • turned of wifi (read somewhere that signal interference could be the issue..)
  • reinstalled the Razer drivers
  • updated the OS
  • applied the optional Intel Bluetooth driver update that Windows had (Intel Corporation - Bluetooth - 22.130.0.2)

Any help would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, RageAx said:

I have built a new system with Win11 installed on it. As the title says, I get frequent audio "cuts" whilst using my Razer Opus headset. The headset works flawlessly on my mobile device and my laptop (win 10) and if connected via cable.

I have tried:

• reinstall the Bluetooth driver
  • turned of wifi (read somewhere that signal interference could be the issue..)
  • reinstalled the Razer drivers
  • updated the OS
  • applied the optional Intel Bluetooth driver update that Windows had (Intel Corporation - Bluetooth - 22.130.0.2)

Any help would be appreciated.

I generally avoid Windows Update for Intel stuff, download it direct from Intel as its usually newer.

But as mentioned, if the antennas are on the back if the PC that's the most likely problem, the PC case will block the signal.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

What motherboard?

Do you have antenna's on the back of your board?

ASROCK Z690M-ITX/ax, but I don't have the antennas installed. I have also set roaming aggression to lowest.

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I generally avoid Windows Update for Intel stuff, download it direct from Intel as its usually newer.

But as mentioned, if the antennas are on the back if the PC that's the most likely problem, the PC case will block the signal.

No antennas on the back. The case is Coolermaster nr200p and it sits 0.5m away from me. This problem didn't occur on my work computer where there are antennas installed and the case is below the desk.

8 minutes ago, RageAx said:

That's the problem. If you have no antenna the range is really crappy. I'm surprised it even works without sitting right next to the WiFi card

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Will try to install them and get back to you. Thanks for the tip!

21 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Looks like this worked. Thanks for the tip again. I was going a bit crazy going through every setting and driver install i could think of