Good Laptop? & ram. MSI GF75

As title says, I’ve been looking for a cheapish laptop for light gaming and just basic computer work for studying. Found this guy and it seems pretty reasonable at 860$ US. Was wanting your opinions on the laptop choice. And how does RAM work with laptops, anything special I need to look at? This only has 8 GBs at 2666 I think and I am looking for 16GBs 3000 minimum. 

6 hours ago, Beep or Boop said:

As title says, I’ve been looking for a cheapish laptop for light gaming and just basic computer work for studying. Found this guy and it seems pretty reasonable at 860$ US. Was wanting your opinions on the laptop choice. And how does RAM work with laptops, anything special I need to look at? This only has 8 GBs at 2666 I think and I am looking for 16GBs 3000 minimum. 

If you get new RAM, just look out for the same model you have. For light gaming, 2666 Mt/s is enough. You would only need 3000 Mt/s RAM if you were a competitive pro gamer and wanted every FPS possible. If you really were one, you'd have more budget for a much more high-end machine. This laptop seems quite good however for light gaming, almost a bit too much if you take the RTX 3060 option

5 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

If you get new RAM, just look out for the same model you have. For light gaming, 2666 Mt/s is enough. You would only need 3000 Mt/s RAM if you were a competitive pro gamer and wanted every FPS possible. If you really were one, you'd have more budget for a much more high-end machine. This laptop seems quite good however for light gaming, almost a bit too much if you take the RTX 3060 option

I’m looking at the 1650 option.

4 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

When you say I should look for the same model. Are you saying that if I get just another stick that I would add with my current one? Cause I do know not to mis match. And I wouldn’t be doing heavy gaming just light. So I prob don’t need to go crazy. Probably just stick with another 8GB 2666 stick

1 hour ago, Beep or Boop said:

When you say I should look for the same model. Are you saying that if I get just another stick that I would add with my current one?

yes, that's what I meant. If the frequency & timings match up, it will just run straight away without you having to do anything

56 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

yes, that's what I meant. If the frequency & timings match up, it will just run straight away without you having to do anything

Laptop

so I just went with it and bought that laptop. I’m not finding anything on which specific brand of ram it is. Does it matter? Or just matching the size and speed matter? Just wanting to double check