Watercooler for Coolermaster NR200P case and ASRock Z690M-ITX motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Dogzilla07,

@RageAx

1. Using an AIO in the NR200P with the tempered glass panel is not the best option. If you use the mesh panel, side-mounting an AIO is fine, custom Loop is a bit of work and requires specific parts, but awesome.

2. EK-AIO Basic 240 (D-RGB 240) is your best option (with maybe a fan swap, if you find the fans too noisy after a while)

3. You can order/get EK for cheap, as the company is from your country, Slovenia (so probably cheap/or free shipping often, and fast delivery)

4. Lian Li Gallahad 240 is a good option as well (V2 ,or SL V2, though the SL is more than 150 eur)

5. That Asrock board was hard-locked the last I checked and you won't get much out of the 12700K in it.

6. That Asrock is the best designed board for small-form-factor+power hungry M.2 due to being the only one to have both NVMe drives at the front side.

7. The board has the best compatibility for Air cooling (out of all the LGA 1700 boards), It's also very compatible for custom Loop with combo pump+blocks for Small Form Factor cases

8. Air cooling works good in the NR200P (<155mm heigh with glass panel, and <158mm height with mesh panel) enabling use of the top coolers available in the market.

9. Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE, Scythe Fuma 2, Noctua NH-D12L, will be close to the 240 AIOs.

10. There's detailed guides below, from the guy who did the most extensive reviews and testing on the NR200P the earliest (The guy from the previous video though, summarized the points very nicely). https://www.youtube.com/c/MachinesMore/videos Optimum tech also has many videos about liquid cooling in the NR200P https://www.youtube.com/c/OptimumTech/videos The Optimum videos are especially good, cause there's guides for bigger liquid cooling in the NR200P.

A comparison of the all the air and liquid coolers I mentioned:

https://geizhals.eu/?cmp=2709867&cmp=2647175&cmp=2059379&cmp=2571541&cmp=2605555&cmp=2668623&cmp=2616636&cmp=2213700&active=0

Budget (including currency): 150€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D work, games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: I7-12700k

GPU: RTX 3080

Case: Coolermaster NR200P

Motherboard: ASRock Z690M-ITX

RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 G.Skill Ripjaws

I have bought a BeQuiet Silent loop 2 watercooler for my CPU because the website of ASRock said it was compatible with their motherboard. The thing is that it's not really. The pipes on the side of the cooler stick out into the RAM slots and I need to remove 1 stick of RAM if I want to have the cooler installed. I also cannot reverse / flip the cooler because I encounter the same problem with the aluminium shielding at the I/O. I am now currently looking for replacement and would like your opinion and recommendations. 

c559f701-5840-44eb-bead-5c76ba009a94.jpg

Hello. The NZXT X63 would fit. You can rotate the screen how you will like aswell.

18 minutes ago, RageAx said:

Budget (including currency): 150€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D work, games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: I7-12700k

GPU: RTX 3080

Case: Coolermaster NR200P

Motherboard: ASRock Z690M-ITX

RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 G.Skill Ripjaws

I have bought a BeQuiet Silent loop 2 watercooler for my CPU because the website of ASRock said it was compatible with their motherboard. The thing is that it's not really. The pipes on the side of the cooler stick out into the RAM slots and I need to remove 1 stick of RAM if I want to have the cooler installed. I also cannot reverse / flip the cooler because I encounter the same problem with the aluminium shielding at the I/O. I am now currently looking for replacement and would like your opinion and recommendations. 

AIOs are a scam. Grab a good tower cooler 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

7 minutes ago, SteveSimecek said:

Hello. The NZXT X63 would fit. You can rotate the screen how you will like aswell.

Judging by the picture, the pipes on the side would present the same problem no?

1 minute ago, Ryan829 said:

AIOs are a scam. Grab a good tower cooler 

How so? In such a small case like the CM NR200P with very restricted airflow and a need for very quiet performance what would you go with?

1 minute ago, RageAx said:

How so? In such a small case like the CM NR200P with very restricted airflow and a need for very quiet performance what would you go with?

Noctua U12A 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

3 minutes ago, RageAx said:

Judging by the picture, the pipes on the side would present the same problem no?

You could rotate it even more so the pipes go around the aio. It would fit tight but it should...

On 4/11/2022 at 4:52 PM, SteveSimecek said:

You could rotate it even more so the pipes go around the aio. It would fit tight but it should...

Can you rotate the pipes coming out of the block? I've updated the post with an image that demonstrates the issue.

OP i would suggest you to watch this video

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

19 minutes ago, Morris_lee_9116 said:

OP i would suggest you to watch this video

Thanks for the suggestion but I still need an AIO, because I need top cooling performance with as little noise as possible. I realize that the AIO isn't the best solution for long term, but circumstances are such that air-cooling isn't an option.

48 minutes ago, RageAx said:

because I need top cooling performance

Why that? The full potentional of the CPU is holding back by the pretty bad VRM of the motherboard.

@RageAx

1. Using an AIO in the NR200P with the tempered glass panel is not the best option. If you use the mesh panel, side-mounting an AIO is fine, custom Loop is a bit of work and requires specific parts, but awesome.

2. EK-AIO Basic 240 (D-RGB 240) is your best option (with maybe a fan swap, if you find the fans too noisy after a while)

3. You can order/get EK for cheap, as the company is from your country, Slovenia (so probably cheap/or free shipping often, and fast delivery)

4. Lian Li Gallahad 240 is a good option as well (V2 ,or SL V2, though the SL is more than 150 eur)

5. That Asrock board was hard-locked the last I checked and you won't get much out of the 12700K in it.

6. That Asrock is the best designed board for small-form-factor+power hungry M.2 due to being the only one to have both NVMe drives at the front side.

7. The board has the best compatibility for Air cooling (out of all the LGA 1700 boards), It's also very compatible for custom Loop with combo pump+blocks for Small Form Factor cases

8. Air cooling works good in the NR200P (<155mm heigh with glass panel, and <158mm height with mesh panel) enabling use of the top coolers available in the market.

9. Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE, Scythe Fuma 2, Noctua NH-D12L, will be close to the 240 AIOs.

10. There's detailed guides below, from the guy who did the most extensive reviews and testing on the NR200P the earliest (The guy from the previous video though, summarized the points very nicely). https://www.youtube.com/c/MachinesMore/videos Optimum tech also has many videos about liquid cooling in the NR200P https://www.youtube.com/c/OptimumTech/videos The Optimum videos are especially good, cause there's guides for bigger liquid cooling in the NR200P.

A comparison of the all the air and liquid coolers I mentioned:

https://geizhals.eu/?cmp=2709867&cmp=2647175&cmp=2059379&cmp=2571541&cmp=2605555&cmp=2668623&cmp=2616636&cmp=2213700&active=0