what ssd is Single-Level Cell (SLC)?

kimlinus

Yes, it is very expensive... to the point that it is not generally available on the consumer level market anymore.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

You may still find them in small 8  GB / 16 GB  SATA DOM SSDs and that's pretty much it. 

It's not cost effective, even as low as 16 GB it is cheaper to make SSDs using MLC, which uses 2 bits per cell and has quite high endurance. 

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes, it is very expensive... to the point that it is not generally available on the consumer level market anymore.

how about tlc ssd?do samsung sell them?

Dude, TLC is very common. 

There's SLC  > MLC > TLC > QLC 

The store I prefer to buy things from has 48 models that still use MLC. For example, Samsung 860 Pro, Samsung 970 Pro , Adata Premier Pro SP600, Adata SU900, quite a bunch of Transcend MLC drives in small capacity.

TLC is the most common, and QLC would be the cheapest and slowest with lowest endurance 

Samsung QLC is QVO models....  the rest is mostly TLC  ex 580, 860, 970, 860/970 Evo, Evo Plus, 980 ... 

WD SN550 and higher is all TLC  ... for a brief period there were some SN550 with QLC but people complained and I think they renamed those to SN500 or SN530 

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Dude, TLC is very common. 

There's SLC  > MLC > TLC > QLC 

The store I prefer to buy things from has 48 models that still use MLC. For example, Samsung 860 Pro, Samsung 970 Pro , Adata Premier Pro SP600, Adata SU900, quite a bunch of Transcend MLC drives in small capacity.

TLC is the most common, and QLC would be the cheapest and slowest with lowest endurance 

Samsung QLC is QVO models....  the rest is mostly TLC  ex 580, 860, 970, 860/970 Evo, Evo Plus, 980 ... 

WD SN550 and higher is all TLC  ... for a brief period there were some SN550 with QLC but people complained and I think they renamed those to SN500 or SN530 

is intel 900p mlc?

57 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Learn to use google.  Type "intel 900p review" and read the paragraphs. Here's first result https://www.anandtech.com/show/12136/the-intel-optane-ssd-900p-480gb-review

Short ... it's not standard Flash, it's a different kind of memory called 3D XPoint  ... or you could call it Optane and leave it at that. 

thanks dude,i will google it next time

i have a question for u

is usd 637 little expensive for 3060ti rog strix oc edition?

do u think it is a overall card of price and performance ?

can it handle dragon quest 10 offline at 1440p 60fps?

i am looking forward to seeing your reply?😘

18 hours ago, kimlinus said:

thanks dude,i will google it next time

i have a question for u

is usd 637 little expensive for 3060ti rog strix oc edition?

do u think it is a overall card of price and performance ?

can it handle dragon quest 10 offline at 1440p 60fps?

i am looking forward to seeing your reply?😘

In the current market? no. When compared to the historical market the 3060ti should be hangin' around $400

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!