What is Event ID 1000, and is it related to the BSODs I have been having?

(this is not about the BSODs, and I just know they said RAM was an issue, I dont remember the actual codes)

I have been having RAM (I think) related BSOD issues and been trying to resolve them by turning my mhz speeds down (from 3600 XMP to like 2800, which is stable). but the last 2 days (since testing (I think) 2933mhz, I have been getting crashes in exposure x7 (photo editor like lightroom). The most recent one shows as an "event id 1000" in event viewer, but I can't find what that really means online.

I just updated Exposure from version 7.12 something to 7.13 something, so that might help, but can anyone tell me if "Event ID 1000" could be RAM related, or if it is just some odd thing?

my  specs:

windows 11 (newly installed)

3400G from 2019

Asrock x470 Master SLI/AC (2019)

XFX 6700xt (2022 FINALLY!)

corsair h100i aio (2019)

Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 (at ~2933mhz i think. From 2021 i think)

drivers and updates all newest.

1 hour ago, Sanderguy777 said:

(this is not about the BSODs, and I just know they said RAM was an issue, I dont remember the actual codes)

I have been having RAM (I think) related BSOD issues and been trying to resolve them by turning my mhz speeds down (from 3600 XMP to like 2800, which is stable). but the last 2 days (since testing (I think) 2933mhz, I have been getting crashes in exposure x7 (photo editor like lightroom). The most recent one shows as an "event id 1000" in event viewer, but I can't find what that really means online.

I just updated Exposure from version 7.12 something to 7.13 something, so that might help, but can anyone tell me if "Event ID 1000" could be RAM related, or if it is just some odd thing?

my  specs:

windows 11 (newly installed)

3400G from 2019

Asrock x470 Master SLI/AC (2019)

XFX 6700xt (2022 FINALLY!)

corsair h100i aio (2019)

Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 (at ~2933mhz i think. From 2021 i think)

drivers and updates all newest.

“Memory problems” generally means either you have memory with a hardware error somewhere in its stack (which does not seem like your problem) or you are trying to run your memory faster than it is capable of going.  What happens if you disable XMP entirely?   There seems to be a lot of memory today that cannot actually go as fast as it is marked.  I personally blame gratuitous heat sinks.  What they mostly seem to be for is obscuring hardware quality while maximizing the size of the logo. A lot of the time they simply aren’t needed and do more harm to the user than good. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

“Memory problems” generally means either you have memory with a hardware error somewhere in its stack (which does not seem like your problem) or you are trying to run your memory faster than it is capable of going.  What happens if you disable XMP entirely?   There seems to be a lot of memory today that cannot actually go as fast as it is marked.  I personally blame gratuitous heat sinks.  What they mostly seem to be for is obscuring hardware quality while maximizing the size of the logo. A lot of the time they simply aren’t needed and do more harm to the user than good. 

but what about the app crashing? Could that be RAM related, or is "event id 1000" just a catchall error and windows doesn't really understand what is going on?

I think I did disable XMP by manually setting the RAM speed to 2933mhz, is that not so?

The memory should run at its fastest speeds, but I think that the CPU can only handle about 3000mhz, but the mobo is even less (the bios is from 2019, but I'm afraid to update it in case it bricks the whole thing).

17 minutes ago, Sanderguy777 said:

but what about the app crashing? Could that be RAM related, or is "event id 1000" just a catchall error and windows doesn't really understand what is going on?

I think I did disable XMP by manually setting the RAM speed to 2933mhz, is that not so?

The memory should run at its fastest speeds, but I think that the CPU can only handle about 3000mhz, but the mobo is even less (the bios is from 2019, but I'm afraid to update it in case it bricks the whole thing).

Event ID 1000 is pretty well known.

https://www.minitool.com/news/event-id-1000.html

If you fix it and the problem resolves it might not be a hardware error at all.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.