Dual monitor with a 4k and 1080p setup

gggb

I recently bought a new 4k screen to run dual monitor with an old 1080p monitor, both 27 in. But because the resolution scaling now the 1080p is only 1/4 of the screen and makes anything I drag onto it unusable. IS there any fixes for this? I'm running windows 11 home. 

What video card do you have? Does it support 4k? Do you have an HDMI cable capable of passing 4k?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

What video card do you have? Does it support 4k? Do you have an HDMI cable capable of passing 4k?

I have a 3080ti, I'm not sure about the hdmi cable but I can switch to displayport if needed

Unless you plan to set your 4k to 1080p, this is unavoidable.  It's why I don't recommend mismatched resolutions.  Closest you can probably do to maintain "most" serviceability, is to use portrait mode.  That way you only have a 2160>1920 "notch" to overcome.

Having both at 27" only makes it "just as bad" either way.  If you had, say, a 20" in portrait and a 34" in landscape, this would work better. 

11 minutes ago, IPD said:

Unless you plan to set your 4k to 1080p, this is unavoidable.  It's why I don't recommend mismatched resolutions.  Closest you can probably do to maintain "most" serviceability, is to use portrait mode.  That way you only have a 2160>1920 "notch" to overcome.

Having both at 27" only makes it "just as bad" either way.  If you had, say, a 20" in portrait and a 34" in landscape, this would work better. 

The other option would be to run Virtual Superresolution on that second monitor, making windows think it is an 4k monitor instead of 1080p, but that brings forth it's own slew of problems.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

That's a bummer then, thanks yall for the inputs