1st pc build, criticism and/or suggestions

Budget (including currency): $2k-$2.5 (not including accessories)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: regular gaming, photoshop

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjXtpH

This is my first time building a pc, just want any suggestions from experienced builders, or people who know what they are doing. I am following that for my mobo, a BIOS update is required but other than that idk what else is needed, if any. Thanks!

Not too bad, but there are some things I'd change. 

1. I'd go for the 12600k instead. It's basically the same price (it's cheaper but the motherboards are more expensive), same multi core performance but higher single core performance. 
  2. Ditch the thermal paste, the cooler comes with some.
  3. Go for a dual tower cooler, they perform about as good as 240mm AIOs but are half the price. The Scythe Fuma II Rev. B will come with the mounting hardware and cost $60.
  4. Go for a 2x16GB kit of RAM instead, it's got better compatibility and is usually a bit cheaper. 
  5. I'd swap the HDD out for a 4TB model. It's only $15 more, so you might as well. 
  6. I'd swap the case out for one with better airflow. The P400a Digital is a great option, it's basically the same price but has some of the best airflow in the market.
  7. Don't pay full price for Windows 11. Just get a product key off some key reseller (Windows 10 keys work just fine for this as well). You should be able to get one for ~$20.

Doing all of that should let you change the GPU out for a 3080 instead of a 3070 Ti, a card that is noticeably faster.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9phPVw

25 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not too bad, but there are some things I'd change. 

1. I'd go for the 12600k instead. It's basically the same price (it's cheaper but the motherboards are more expensive), same multi core performance but higher single core performance. 
  2. Ditch the thermal paste, the cooler comes with some.
  3. Go for a dual tower cooler, they perform about as good as 240mm AIOs but are half the price. The Scythe Fuma II Rev. B will come with the mounting hardware and cost $60.
  4. Go for a 2x16GB kit of RAM instead, it's got better compatibility and is usually a bit cheaper. 
  5. I'd swap the HDD out for a 4TB model. It's only $15 more, so you might as well. 
  6. I'd swap the case out for one with better airflow. The P400a Digital is a great option, it's basically the same price but has some of the best airflow in the market.
  7. Don't pay full price for Windows 11. Just get a product key off some key reseller (Windows 10 keys work just fine for this as well). You should be able to get one for ~$20.

Doing all of that should let you change the GPU out for a 3080 instead of a 3070 Ti, a card that is noticeably faster.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9phPVw

Definitely taking this into consideration, especially about just getting a product key for windows, thank you!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7BTwzf

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Igpu on the 12700k might help with vid editing

Board was chosen cause of the i/o that it offers but if you wanna get a cheaper board then h670 pg riptide should suffice since it still has a decent amount of i/o

Ditched aio as it was uneccesary

Ballistix will annihilate most rams in its pricerange since itll do 4000 cl16 with just a lazy oc (start at 1.5v, lower if unstable) and upto 4500+ cl18 as pointless as that may be

Upgraded ssd to crucial p5 2tb but if you dont need that much storage then get a 1tb gammix s7 (or atleast dont pay over 95$ for 1tb ssd)

Upgraded case to df700 flux which will have alot better airflow than that sad excuse of a glass front case

1000w psu just so when next gen comes around you wont need to immedeatly upgrade your psu if you go for a high end gpu

As @RONOTHAN## said get windows off a cheapkeys site like scdkeys, kinguin, etc. For 20$