Thoughts on ZocDoc?

SeanLMG

Hey everyone!

We've had a sponsorship opportunity come up with ZocDoc. For those unfamiliar and outside the US, ZocDoc is an app that connects patients to health care providers that accept their health insurance. 

Generally, we don't let healthcare related products sponsor our channels (we've turned down partnerships with BetterHelp as an example), but as they are moreso aggregating information and connecting people to providers, we thought this was separate enough to bring to our audience for discussion. We'd love to get your thoughts on this service as well as any experience if you guys have used it before. 

From our preliminary research, they have a good amount of positive reviews. The majority of the negative reviews come from information inaccurately provided by the physician or a bad experience at the appointment. ZocDoc responds quickly to user reviews and concerns, and has a diligent process to ensure reviews are made from people who actually attended the physician thanks to a closed loop system. They also keep data security top of mind, as found here: https://www.zocdoc.com/about/topic/data-privacy/. There are some minor complaints about their UI, but they are working to continually improve it. 

Website link: https://www.zocdoc.com/

Let us know if you've had any good or bad experiences with ZocDoc below, or any other feedback on them!  

16 hours ago, SeanLMG said:

but as they are moreso aggregating information and connecting people to providers

That’s not what they’re doing.

Practices pay them to be in the directory and pay them for premium placement. It’s an affiliate scheme. 

They also harvest and sell your medical history: 

https://www.zocdoc.com/about/privacypolicy/#hipaa-and-phi

HIPAA does not apply to Personal Data (defined below) that is not PHI. Personal data that a User provides to Zocdoc when Zocdoc is not acting as a Business Associate is not PHI. To provide just a few examples, , when you (i) create an account, (ii) search for Healthcare Providers or available appointments with Healthcare Providers, (iii) complete general medical history forms that are not required by or provided by a particular Healthcare Provider (“General Medical History Forms”); (iv) post reviews; or (v) provide device/IP Information or Web Analytics information by browsing our websites (see below).

16 hours ago, SeanLMG said:

Generally, we don't let healthcare related products sponsor our channels

Sounds like you should continue that practice.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

21 hours ago, dilpickle said:

I've used them. It works. That's about all I can say.

Actually I have to take this back. I just logged into my account and there is no info in it. I remember creating this account years ago to look for a doctor but I don't think I actually used it. I just sent a request to delete it.

Hey all, thanks for providing your feedback. We discussed it as a team, and due to the concerns with their business model and our hesitancy with healthcare related ads to begin with, we won't be partnering with ZocDoc. Locking this thread now.