AIO pump tubing orientation

Emzor_
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

Unless you care about the text being upside down, it should function just fine if the tubes are on the left side.

As for repasting, it's probably recommended, but if you're just taking the pump off for a few seconds to rotate it, I don't think it'll matter too much.

Hey.

So, I built my first system a couple of days ago and everything works fine so far, I just noticed something today though. With the way the AIO pump is placed right now, the tubing is blocking one of the RAM slots. For now it doesn't interfere with anything, but if I want to install 2 more RAM sticks (which I intend to do in the future) I can't.

20220329_032224.thumb.jpg.63c977e401000cd4f26344aed2d4c1e5.jpg

So my question to you; is it in any way harmful to the AIO or the system, if I reseat the pump so the tubing sticks out to the left side (or maybe bottom), rather than the right as it is now? The pump would basically stand on its head then. I tried to find information about this, but I wasn't too lucky with that, or just to blind to find it. So maybe somebody here will have an answer to that.

Furthermore, if I were to spin the pump around after confirmation (which I would do in the next days, need to redo my cable management anyway) would you recommend reapplying thermal paste? I build this PC literally four days ago mind you, so I wouldn't. But maybe someone here has an argument for it and I would be glad to hear.

Lastly, if it is possible to turn the pump around, I should also turn the radiator around right? So the tubing has a better run path and isn't to strained (see picture below for current setup)

20220329_032239.thumb.jpg.bd400835483a5d6e030fcbc6e64ba8f2.jpg

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Have a nice day.^^

Unless you care about the text being upside down, it should function just fine if the tubes are on the left side.

As for repasting, it's probably recommended, but if you're just taking the pump off for a few seconds to rotate it, I don't think it'll matter too much.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

What is the exact model of your NZXT AIO? I know that like the NZXT Kraken X73, you can rotate the logo. So that means you can rotate and flip your radiator and block orientation as well. You may refer to NZXT's image sample below.

Kraken X73 RGB

11 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ah perfect, that's what I hoped for^^.

Okay, then I will consider reapplying it if necessary.

Thanks for the quick answer:)

10 hours ago, RMTM said:

What is the exact model of your NZXT AIO? I know that like the NZXT Kraken X73, you can rotate the logo. So that means you can rotate and flip your radiator and block orientation as well. You may refer to NZXT's image sample below.

Kraken X73 RGB

Yup it is the NZXT Kraken X73 RGB and the logo is rotatable. Ah that's a good point wouldn't be rotatable if the pump itself wasn't :'D