USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode - Dual Monitors - Cable Confusion

smcw

I am having a hell of a time making sense of all the USB type C lingo.

I have bought two Dell monitors (S2422HZ) that support USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode and 65W PD. I was hoping there was some way of connecting both monitors via a single cable to my laptop without having to buy a whole docking station since they have this feature built in and I have my keyboard & mouse connected to the first monitor.

Does anyone know of a way to connect two USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode monitors to a single USB-C port?

It works fine with one monitor, but when looking at the dizzying array of USB-C cables, docks, adapters, dongles, splitters, etc on Amazon it is not easy to choose the right one!

26 minutes ago, smcw said:

I am having a hell of a time making sense of all the USB type C lingo.

I have bought two Dell monitors (S2422HZ) that support USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode and 65W PD. I was hoping there was some way of connecting both monitors via a single cable to my laptop without having to buy a whole docking station since they have this feature built in and I have my keyboard & mouse connected to the first monitor.

Does anyone know of a way to connect two USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode monitors to a single USB-C port?

It works fine with one monitor, but when looking at the dizzying array of USB-C cables, docks, adapters, dongles, splitters, etc on Amazon it is not easy to choose the right one!

you would have to have a dongle or the monitors would have to be able to support it 

10 minutes ago, Noxitb said:

you would have to have a dongle or the monitors would have to be able to support it 

I've been looking for dongles but I can't find such a thing as a USB-C to 2x USB-C dongle that supports displayport alt mode. I guess maybe it doesn't exist.

47 minutes ago, smcw said:

I've been looking for dongles but I can't find such a thing as a USB-C to 2x USB-C dongle that supports displayport alt mode. I guess maybe it doesn't exist.

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/cables-&-adapters/usb/79567-ul2capw-sgr
https://www.digidirect.com.au/satechi-aluminium-4-port-usb-c-hub-space-grey-st-uc4phm-143907