Mriokart 8 Deluxe DLC is Disappointing

So on March 25th, Nintendo released 8 new tracks for Mariokart 8 Deluxe, and they're all ports from the mobile game, Mariokart tour.

It's not the fact that they're all ports that disappoints me. It's the fact that it's so clear that Nintendo put the least amount of effort in when it comes to the first new tracks in a mainline game in seven years (MK8 DLC pack 2 released in april of 2015).

And if you compare the new DLC tracks to their tour counterparts, they don't look all that different. A bit uprezzed maybe, but no effort to incorporate anti-grav sections at all.

Anyone who has played just the official MK content are like "THIS IS THE BEST EVAR!!!" Most likely because, again, this is the first new MK content in 7 years. Anyone who has delved into CTGP however, has already seen a number of things like alternate routes for different laps, most notably in the Custom Tracks Incendia Castle and Six King Labyrinth. (Go check those out if you can. The MK modding scene is awesome.)

And to top it off, dataminers have already found the names of the next wave, again all ports from Tour. How long would you expect it to take to uprez a bunch of mobile tracks? Nintendo says it's going to be 2023 before we see the end of this. And I just don't feel that's justified for the quality they're putting out.

P.S. I have access to the dlc via the Switch online family pack, which my mom insisted I use. (If it were up to me, I wouldn't pay a cent for that Shit.) Now it takes nearly two minutes to boot into MK8, because it needs to check the internet to make sure I can play this software. FU, Nintendo.

• 5 weeks later...

It's dissapointing if you didnt pay attention to the reveal

On the reveal It was clearly said that these are remastered tracks, and that they are. These tracks were remade for Mario Kart Tour, and they have been remastered here, upressed and with better textures.

It's not the best thing ever, but It isn't the worst, either, and by adding more DLCs to It the pack is looking way more atractive. It all depends on the value you want to give It.

As for me, i'm satisfied. 48 extra tracks as well as all the other DLC and the retro games feels good enough to have a reason to pay for the expansion pack. Don't overhype things, and you wont get unnecessarily dissapointed