Multiple GPU-related issues

AdvocateOfNyx

I'm going to post everything that is going on here and maybe somebody can help me out.  I've made a previous post about some of these issues, but it never got any comments and is now considered old so I figured I would update the situation here and hope that this time someone will have an idea of what is happening.

Boot Cycle (happens most times I try to turn on my computer):

First boot/wake from sleep: PC powers on and appears to post, but no video out on either monitor no matter what I do

Second boot: PC does not post, no video out (I know this because instead of having to hold the power button to turn off the PC, it turns off as soon as I tap it)

Third boot: PC boots up, I get video out and load into Windows normally

This basically happens every time I put my PC to sleep or power it off for an extended period of time, although interestingly it does not seem to happen when just clicking restart within Windows.

Blank Screen:

If I leave my PC idle for a long time, say overnight, sometimes I come back to a blank grey (sometimes a random color) screen on both displays that can only be fixed by pressing the power button and going through the whole 3 boots as labeled above.  This also happens when playing a game that uses a low, but non-zero amount of my GPU.  Examples are Stardew Valley or Vampire Survivors.  Mid game all video and audio will stop.

One Monitor Broke:

Sometimes after the third boot I only get video out to one monitor. I have to unplug and replug the displayport cables in my GPU to get video out on both monitors, although this seems to only work 75% of the time.  I just keep restarting and replugging until it works.

Things Tried:

I upgraded my CPU + motherboard + RAM a couple months ago and the issue has been happening since before then, so it isn't any of those parts.

I've reinstalled the GPU over 5 times because I thought maybe it wasn't connected well or there was something like dust in the PCIE slot or on the GPU PCIE pins

DDUed the drivers and reinstalled them multiple times (trying to fix another issue that I ended up resolving)

If anyone has any ideas for what the issue could be, I would appreciate it a lot.  Thank you!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MHPVqp

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

It might be a borked windows install. You can try running `sfc /scannow` in cmd to see if it can autofix. or try a fresh install of windows (way easier if you have a spare drive so you can easily revert).
But it's possible that this is just a dying card or AMD weirdness. Those Vega cards weren't ever exactly great

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

It might be a borked windows install. You can try running `sfc /scannow` in cmd to see if it can autofix. or try a fresh install of windows (way easier if you have a spare drive so you can easily revert).
But it's possible that this is just a dying card or AMD weirdness. Those Vega cards weren't ever exactly great

I actually have done a fresh install since this issue started, I probably should have mentioned that in my "things tried" section.  I moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and did a 100% fresh install from the Microsoft website on a USB drive.

Other than this weirdness, I actually really love the Vega card!  It's sort of a tinkerers' dream, although I don't do that much tinkering myself.  I find their architecture really cool which I suppose is not a good reason to actually own one, but I got it for a really good deal before the GPU shortage so I'm not really looking to upgrade anytime soon.  Plays the higher end games just fine, for some reason it only struggles with the easy ones lol.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-