Just bought motherboard for my pc. And I have never built pc. Need help in building my pc

17F7738C-2C93-48FC-B6F1-D1C5A4E22237.jpeg

09F4AEF0-758C-4128-BAE9-B7BC71A2DA23.jpeg

Do you have the rest of the components on the way, or do you need help choosing components?

The next parts you need are the RAM and processor.

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Do you have the rest of the components on the way, or do you need help choosing components?

OP - also, some info on your planned use will be most helpful in the selection of those components to best serve your needs.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I need help choosing components.😟

Just now, Garv Sangwan said:

I need help choosing components.😟

What do you plan on doing with the computer? What applications will you use? If gaming, which games?

Just now, YoungBlade said:

What do you plan on doing with the computer? What applications will you use? If gaming, which games?

I m software developer by profession. And yes i do play games like Age of Empires 2 and Gta 5. I play games for fun 🤩 

OP - Budget notwithstanding, it's a question of what resolution and quality you're willing to live with, or demand. Okay with 720p? 1080p? Or would you prefer 1280p? 1440p? Do you plan to record or stream video of gameplay? All of this is a huge consideration in the major components, as CPU and GPU choices have the biggest impact on performance. Also, GPUs are expensive and hard to find, so you either take what you can get or pay a premium. For instance, I paid $850 for my RTX3060ti and considered that a deal, thanks to cryptominers ruining the market for the rest of us.

Word to the wise -- I have a 5900X with a 1TB M.2, 32GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and an RTX3060ti and I still have issues recording smoothly above 720p. With a little overclock, I might be able to do decent recording at 1080p, but I'm already pushing 78C-80C and my mighty 5900X has a 90C limit before it starts throttling.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

25 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

OP - Budget notwithstanding, it's a question of what resolution and quality you're willing to live with, or demand. Okay with 720p? 1080p? Or would you prefer 1280p? 1440p? Do you plan to record or stream video of gameplay? All of this is a huge consideration in the major components, as CPU and GPU choices have the biggest impact on performance. Also, GPUs are expensive and hard to find, so you either take what you can get or pay a premium. For instance, I paid $850 for my RTX3060ti and considered that a deal, thanks to cryptominers ruining the market for the rest of us.

Word to the wise -- I have a 5900X with a 1TB M.2, 32GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and an RTX3060ti and I still have issues recording smoothly above 720p. With a little overclock, I might be able to do decent recording at 1080p, but I'm already pushing 78C-80C and my mighty 5900X has a 90C limit before it starts throttling.

What framerate are you trying to record at? I had no trouble recording games like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program at 1080p30 with a Core i5 4440 and GT 635 with 8GB of DDR3-1600 using Fraps. Now, my 5900X and 2060 Super can do 1440p60 using OBS without trouble and I can stream, too.

37 minutes ago, Garv Sangwan said:

I m software developer by profession. And yes i do play games like Age of Empires 2 and Gta 5. I play games for fun 🤩 

For software development, I'd go with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU if possible. The 5800X might be a good choice depending on the pricing in your area. If 5000 series is too expensive, 3000 series like a 3700X or 3600(X) could be good.

You'll want to make sure you have enough fast memory if you need to compile software, in which case, getting 32GB of DDR4-3600 would be a good idea. If you don't have to compile on your machine, 16GB of DDR4-3200 or even 3000 is alright.

30 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I spend most of my time coding.I play games in my free time just for fun. I won’t record or stream. Right now i have 2017 13 inch MacBook pro. I5-8 gig ram-512 GB storage. I use boot cam to play games of my External HDD.

Its gonna be my 1st pc build.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

What framerate are you trying to record at? I had no trouble recording games like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program at 1080p30 with a Core i5 4440 and GT 635 with 8GB of DDR3-1600 using Fraps. Now, my 5900X and 2060 Super can do 1440p60 using OBS without trouble and I can stream, too.

60, and I know that's asking a lot of the hardware. Unfortunately, I'm a noob when it comes to recording video and am just now getting the gist of what works and what doesn't. OBS was defaulting to 2500kbps and I thought it was simply choosing the best setting for optimum quality and file size -- boy was I wrong. I just got my first decent recording without lag or choppiness last night at 9500-9600kpbs, and I had to scale output resolution down 75-80% to get that. Files are a bit larger, but it's worth it to me, as I am putting my DVD collection on the computer.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, Garv Sangwan said:

I spend most of my time coding.I play games in my free time just for fun. I won’t record or stream. Right now i have 2017 13 inch MacBook pro. I5-8 gig ram-512 GB storage. I use boot cam to play games of my External HDD.

Any particular budget constraints?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, Garv Sangwan said:

Sounds like you are used to bad game Performance :old-laugh:
I'd personally look for an older GPU. That is very costs saving (I got a 660Ti for 60bucks and it runs GTA5 fine). But not everybody is comfortable with buying used PC components ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

For software development, I'd go with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU if possible. The 5800X might be a good choice depending on the pricing in your area. If 5000 series is too expensive, 3000 series like a 3700X or 3600(X) could be good.

You'll want to make sure you have enough fast memory if you need to compile software, in which case, getting 32GB of DDR4-3600 would be a good idea. If you don't have to compile on your machine, 16GB of DDR4-3200 or even 3000 is alright.

I need maximum cores for my software development. And I have read somewhere that if i need cores I should go with Amd.

anyway i will check for the prices for mentioned cpu.

One more thing, whats is DDR4-3600 and 3200?? I know What DDR means but these numbers?

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Any particular budget constraints?

150000 INR. If i convert it in Dollars it will be $2000.

1 minute ago, Garv Sangwan said:

I need maximum cores for my software development. And I have read somewhere that if i need cores I should go with Amd.

anyway i will check for the prices for mentioned cpu.

One more thing, whats is DDR4-3600 and 3200?? I know What DDR means but these numbers?

RAM speed in Mhz - 3200 is sufficient for most applications - any faster is more expensive and only increases performance 1-5% at most -- Not a good bang for the buck.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, flydo said:

Sounds like you are used to bad game Performance :old-laugh:
I'd personally look for an older GPU. That is very costs saving (I got a 660Ti for 60bucks and it runs GTA5 fine). But not everybody is comfortable with buying used PC components ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When i play Age of Empires I get 35-40 fps average. And I think it’s okay. 🤔🤔

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

RAM speed in Mhz - 3200 is sufficient for most applications - any faster is more expensive and only increases performance 1-5% at most -- Not a good bang for the buck.

Oh I see.😮😮 Now ram also fave frequency 😂😂

1 minute ago, Garv Sangwan said:

When i play Age of Empires I get 35-40 fps average. And I think it’s okay. 🤔🤔

Age of Empire isnt that hard for a pc to play, I was referring to GTA5s performance  xD

5 minutes ago, flydo said:

Age of Empire isnt that hard for a pc to play, I was referring to GTA5s performance  xD

Microsoft just remastered it. It was launched in 2019. Now its says 8 gig or ram is minimum. Early version of Age of Empires need 256MB of ram to play😂😂

C0249978-D393-4B55-9BCF-DFD21B383C8C.png

OP - These are merely suggestions, but it's what I would do with a $2000 budget (give or take a couple hundred). Keep in mind GPU prices are very unpredictable right now, I spec'd one I paid $850 for about a month ago. Very close to my build... 5800X vs my 5900X, same board (good VMR cooling, needed for a 5000-series), double the RAM, same M.2, same GPU, same basic CPU cooler (I didn't factor for thermal paste but recommend Corsair XT50, which is what I used in my build). Already having a board will save you about $150 towards other components, and I have no problems with the 32GB in my setup -- I just figured for 64GB since you're using it for work also.

Also, the 4000X case I spec'd includes three 120mm RGB fans and a light node, which I swapped out for Corsair's iCUE Commander XT at another member's recommendation. Controller was about $50 on Amazon, not factored here as it can't be selected on PCPartPicker to my knowledge. The fans, however, are -- if RGB isn't your thing, most any non-RGB 120mm will do, but for the 4000X case, I recommend two more up top and one to the rear.

Anyway, have a look and see what you think -- I think it will serve your needs more than adequately.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/#view=JmygnQ

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 hours ago, Garv Sangwan said:

Microsoft just remastered it. It was launched in 2019. Now its says 8 gig or ram is minimum. Early version of Age of Empires need 256MB of ram to play😂😂

C0249978-D393-4B55-9BCF-DFD21B383C8C.png

Interesting didnt knew that. I should play some Age of Empires :old-happy:

5 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

OP - These are merely suggestions, but it's what I would do with a $2000 budget (give or take a couple hundred). Keep in mind GPU prices are very unpredictable right now, I spec'd one I paid $850 for about a month ago. Very close to my build... 5800X vs my 5900X, same board (good VMR cooling, needed for a 5000-series), double the RAM, same M.2, same GPU, same basic CPU cooler (I didn't factor for thermal paste but recommend Corsair XT50, which is what I used in my build). Already having a board will save you about $150 towards other components, and I have no problems with the 32GB in my setup -- I just figured for 64GB since you're using it for work also.

Also, the 4000X case I spec'd includes three 120mm RGB fans and a light node, which I swapped out for Corsair's iCUE Commander XT at another member's recommendation. Controller was about $50 on Amazon, not factored here as it can't be selected on PCPartPicker to my knowledge. The fans, however, are -- if RGB isn't your thing, most any non-RGB 120mm will do, but for the 4000X case, I recommend two more up top and one to the rear.

Anyway, have a look and see what you think -- I think it will serve your needs more than adequately.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/#view=JmygnQ

Thanks for making a list 😍😍

1 hour ago, flydo said:

Interesting didnt knew that. I should play some Age of Empires :old-happy:

Yeah you Should play. When you install AOE just text me. I will teach you some basics 😇😇

45 minutes ago, Garv Sangwan said:

Yeah you Should play. When you install AOE just text me. I will teach you some basics 😇😇

Will do

OP - I just realized the board you have is an MSI with the B450 chipset. Be forewarned, my previous rig had a B450M Bazooka and came with a 1700 Ryzen (8-core, 4-thread). It also came with a GT1030 video card. This was a horribly mismatched combination of hardware to start with, as the GT1030 is designed for 2-core processors, even the GTX1650S I upgraded to was designed for 4-core processors, but I digress.

Anyway, this B450M board fought the upgrades, giving VGA POST errors when I tried to use the new video card. The interesting thing is, I could put the GT1030 back in, and it would boot fine. Even if I installed the GTX1650S drivers and software using the GT1030, it refused to boot and hung up in POST when I put the GTX1650S back in. Eventually it shut down and refused to do anything, requiring a 35-45 day RMA process. They never did tell me what the problem was.

Granted, the old rig in question was a pre-built, and I'm told that pre-builts often have a "members-only" list of supported components. But that's sort of admitting that there is an active removal of support to limit the user to certain components for upgrade. Not cool.

Then, when I went to step up to the 5900X, MSI's site shows that the B450M Bazooka supports the 5900X, and after guiding me to the BIOS update on their own website, MSI support (somewhat haughty and seemed like they couldn't be bothered) tells me that their own BIOS update from their own site could fry the board THEY built, and that it's no longer under warranty.

Granted, my board in question was three years old, but at this point, I'm not a fan of MSI. So based on that and a few recommendations from other members here, I opted for a fresh build -- without MSI components. I'm not trying to tell anybody else what they should do -- just relating my experience with MSI thus far has not been good, which is why I went with a B550 chipset boad, and mostly Asus and Corsair on my new build.

In summary, with your intended use including work, with you doing coding, a 5000-series is sort of necessary, but if you prefer to stick with the B450 board, I don't recommend trying to use a 5000-series with it, whether MSI says its supported or not. Just my $0.02. I think if you decide on a 5000-series Ryzen, you might want to at least step up to a B550 chipset, but if you stick with the B450 you have, you might want to stand on an eight-core Ryzen like the 1700, which is plenty fast even in today's market (5900X is maybe 46% faster).

But since you are a software developer, it makes more sense to step up to the 5000-series, in which case I would recommend a B550 chipset board. In either case (and others here may voice dissent), in my experience, I don't recommend MSI. Now, a brand-new, up-to-date MSI B450 or B550 may handle a 5000-series just fine. But experience with MSI makes me leery of them and their products. Just my $0.02 based on the board you already have.

One other thing -- I would be leery of buying from NewEgg -- they're under heavy fire right now from people getting scammed, and quite a few YouTube reviewers are having a field day on them.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!