Looking for high quality wireless keyboard.

PopsicleHustler

Hello again

Continuing with my quest to upgrade my peripherals, I have one last thing remaining - the keyboard.

Straight to the point of what I'm looking for 

Wireless

Mechanical - Silent. Can be tactice or linear, doesn't really matter. So MX Red is most likely option here.

Full size (Yes, I like my num pad and I use it very often)

RGB doesn't really matter, although I do need some form of backlight because I use it in the dark. 

I'm currently looking at Logitech G915 Lightspeed since I own G502 Lightspeed mouse and I absolutely love it. One concern I have is the low profile. Maybe someone has some kind of experience with low profile keys. How to they feel compared to standard profile.

For reference, I'm currently using Corsair K95 Platinum. Quite disappointed with its actually. Not only Corsair iCUE software is a nightmare to use, but keyboard is somewhat low quality, considering its "the best of the best".  After 2 years of service I have - Broken armrest because it holds on 4 small plastic points, 6 keys with stuck RGB that cannot show white anymore, and space bar that get constantly stuck because of cheap and flimsy stabilizers.   

I'm waiting for your input. Thank you!                      

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

11 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

"the best of the best".                 

Ha, in the keyboard world, Corsair isn't even close. 

Maybe look at Keychron? Pretty high quality wireless and fully built options. The K10 for example. 

https://www.keychron.com/collections/normal-profile-keyboards/products/keychron-k10-wireless-mechanical-keyboard#

11 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Ha, in the keyboard world, Corsair isn't even close. 

Maybe look at Keychron? Pretty high quality wireless and fully built options. The K10 for example. 

https://www.keychron.com/collections/normal-profile-keyboards/products/keychron-k10-wireless-mechanical-keyboard#

Looks good but with shipping and import fees to Ireland I'm looking at double the price of that keyboard.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I use a G915 (but a TKL one) since 1 year or so, it's expensive but very nice !

It has a very long battery life as well, 60+hrs of usage before recharging with low intensity RGB

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

28 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I use a G915 (but a TKL one) since 1 year or so, it's expensive but very nice !

It has a very long battery life as well, 60+hrs of usage before recharging with low intensity RGB

How are the keys? I've heard keycaps are somewhat low quality. Also, how do they feel compared to normal size keys?

22 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

How are the keys? I've heard keycaps are somewhat low quality. Also, how do they feel compared to normal size keys?

Gimme some hours I'd get back home and send pics 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 3/17/2022 at 8:55 AM, PopsicleHustler said:

Hello again

Continuing with my quest to upgrade my peripherals, I have one last thing remaining - the keyboard.

Straight to the point of what I'm looking for 

Wireless

Mechanical - Silent. Can be tactice or linear, doesn't really matter. So MX Red is most likely option here.

Full size (Yes, I like my num pad and I use it very often)

RGB doesn't really matter, although I do need some form of backlight because I use it in the dark. 

I'm currently looking at Logitech G915 Lightspeed since I own G502 Lightspeed mouse and I absolutely love it. One concern I have is the low profile. Maybe someone has some kind of experience with low profile keys. How to they feel compared to standard profile.

For reference, I'm currently using Corsair K95 Platinum. Quite disappointed with its actually. Not only Corsair iCUE software is a nightmare to use, but keyboard is somewhat low quality, considering its "the best of the best".  After 2 years of service I have - Broken armrest because it holds on 4 small plastic points, 6 keys with stuck RGB that cannot show white anymore, and space bar that get constantly stuck because of cheap and flimsy stabilizers.   

I'm waiting for your input. Thank you!                      

Im in the same boat as you, I have the k95 and while I dont hate it the stabilizers are by far the most disappointing part of this board. I have a tower full of iCue products so I didnt really wanna get away from corsair if I didnt have to but I think I am also about to upgrade my board and mouse because my dark core is also kinda crappy. The 915 and logitech pro mouse are what I am personally looking at, interested to see what you end up with.

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

Im in the same boat as you, I have the k95 and while I dont hate it the stabilizers are by far the most disappointing part of this board. I have a tower full of iCue products so I didnt really wanna get away from corsair if I didnt have to but I think I am also about to upgrade my board and mouse because my dark core is also kinda crappy. The 915 and logitech pro mouse are what I am personally looking at, interested to see what you end up with.

I also have my entire cooling and lighting controlled by iCue, but those profiles and fans curves are already setup and saved, so I don't have to touch them anymore. 

I'm most likely getting G915. Have very positive experience with Logitech customer support in the past. And my G502 Lightspeed works like a charm, so if the keyboard is as high quality as the mouse, I should be fine.

@RavendaratSo I ended up getting G915 today from local hardware store at a fair price. So far its a solid board. I have to get used to lower profile, finders still trying to press hard on the keys to push them further, but that's just a matter of muscle memory. Lighting is super solid. I like that its less "in your face" as is K95 where light shines from every crack. But it still impressive and good looking. 

I got tactile silent keys so my wife can sleep in peace now (K95 had MX Blues). And I also bought open back headphones, so I was hearing my keyboard too much for my liking.

One thing I don't really understand is this mini USB to USB dongle. Does it do anything besides acting as adaptor for the receiver? Or can I just plug the receiver into the back of my monitor and not use the dongle?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

At last, my setup upgrade is complete

20220319_212548.jpg

20220319_211349.jpg

20220319_101503.jpg

20220319_101400.jpg

49 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

@RavendaratSo I ended up getting G915 today from local hardware store at a fair price. So far its a solid board. I have to get used to lower profile, finders still trying to press hard on the keys to push them further, but that's just a matter of muscle memory. Lighting is super solid. I like that its less "in your face" as is K95 where light shines from every crack. But it still impressive and good looking. 

I got tactile silent keys so my wife can sleep in piece now (K95 had MX Blues). And I also bought open back headphones, so I was hearing my keyboard too much for my liking.

One thing I don't really understand is this mini USB to USB dongle. Does it do anything besides acting as adaptor for the receiver? Or can I just plug the receiver into the back of my monitor and not use the dongle?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

At last, my setup upgrade is complete

20220319_212548.jpg

20220319_211349.jpg

20220319_101503.jpg

20220319_101400.jpg

I actually just picked up a keychron today to try out the smaller size. I’m not sure if I like it yet but if after a couple days I’m not sold on it I will be taking it back to buy the same board as you. It’s on sale for $249 right now where as the one I got was 120, but I’m trying to save some desk space, I guess I’ll see and I’m definitely interested to hear your experiences

DFDFC6C7-CCEC-4F9F-9FBD-DE1E972DED55.jpeg

On 3/19/2022 at 10:20 PM, Ravendarat said:

I actually just picked up a keychron today to try out the smaller size. I’m not sure if I like it yet but if after a couple days I’m not sold on it I will be taking it back to buy the same board as you. It’s on sale for $249 right now where as the one I got was 120, but I’m trying to save some desk space, I guess I’ll see and I’m definitely interested to hear your experiences

DFDFC6C7-CCEC-4F9F-9FBD-DE1E972DED55.jpeg

My experience, so far, has been amazing. Battery on this thing is wild. I fully charged it after purchasing, and I'm still on 78% while writing this. Been using it for around 5 hours every single day, with brightness set to 100%. That's about 1% per hour.

I'm highly enjoying low profile keys. My wrist feels much more comfortable. Even with wrist rest, K95 didn't feel as comfortable. Something just feel right for me. Plastic feels much nicer compared to K95.

Being wireless is just a cherry on top.