should i bake my mobo with oven thats used for cakes?

Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,

No you shouldn't. The theory is that 'baking" it could reflow a bad solder joint and fix it. However this generally doesn't work, and even when it does work it's temporary. It's not a proper fix or a proper way to reflow anything.

Best case you get to use your motherboard a little longer before it fails again. Worst case you cause a fire, melt stuff all over your oven, make your house smell bad, the list goes on.聽

Not to mention, do you know what's wrong with the motherboard? It could be something completely unrelated to a soldering problem.

my mobo is dead so i want to "revive" it a lot of people on youtube said not to use an oven thats used for cooking is it true or is it safe to use?

and should i face my motherboard up or down? up means u can see the socket 馃檪

No you shouldn't. The theory is that 'baking" it could reflow a bad solder joint and fix it. However this generally doesn't work, and even when it does work it's temporary. It's not a proper fix or a proper way to reflow anything.

Best case you get to use your motherboard a little longer before it fails again. Worst case you cause a fire, melt stuff all over your oven, make your house smell bad, the list goes on.聽

Not to mention, do you know what's wrong with the motherboard? It could be something completely unrelated to a soldering problem.

10 minutes ago, PLSHELPME123 said:

and should i face my motherboard up or down? up means u can see the socket 馃檪

Don't put it in the oven. Your CPU socket is going to melt waay before the solder does and it's just going to damage it even more. If it's still under warranty, you should try returning it for repair or a replacement

Just now, OhioYJ said:

a temporary fix is fine all i need is 3 months to get a new mobo but wont the food thats baked by oven smell or taste bad?聽

Short: No.聽

Slightly longer: Only use an oven that will not be used to prepare food in afterwards. Also keep in mind that it will only work if the problem is a solder joint. It won鈥檛 fix a broken capacitor or else.聽

1 minute ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

It won鈥檛 fix a broken capacitor or else.聽

If there are any aluminium caps, they might even pop and therefore damage it even more. Just don't do it please

btw its problem is if i turn it on and shutdown it wont turn on anymore and needs to wait 30mins unplugged to turn it on again but restart works fine anyone know how to fix it?