Best way to wirelessly use a TV for PC gaming?

For unrelated reasons I don't want to run a really long display cable from my desktop PC to my TV so I'm wondering what's the best way to use the TV for PC gaming? My PC has a WiFi card and a really stable internet connection and I've tried casting to the TV as a wireless display in Windows but the latency is really bad. Are there perhaps any capable wireless dongles or have I hit a dead end?

Have you tried Steam Remote Play? My Sony Android TV has a Steam Link app and it works pretty well.

The steam link device unfortunately doesn't seem to be sold anymore but you can use a raspberry Pi to run steam link if you TV doesn't have the app.

There are wireless HDMI transmission products on the market. I know monoprice has a few under the name Blackbird. 

search for "wireless HDMI extender" on your market of choice and something will pop up.

24 minutes ago, no.lens.cap said:

I know monoprice has a few under the name Blackbird. 

This thing:

39 minutes ago, Ronny Douglas said:

For unrelated reasons I don't want to run a really long display cable from my desktop PC to my TV so I'm wondering what's the best way to use the TV for PC gaming?

The best way is to run a really long display cable...
Going wireless (for now) means you will introduce lag and compression, as you have already figured out:

TV as a wireless display in Windows but the latency is really bad

image.png.00bfc0fef12a6c76bfceabe2f6fafed7.png

image.png.c641680777aa5436542f36a176d2f622.png

Are there perhaps any capable wireless dongles or have I hit a dead end?

Standard WiFi doesn't have enough bandwidth to do what you want it to do without compressing the video feed (which also introduces lag).
WiFi 6 has max theoretical bandwidth of 9.6 Gb/s across multiple channels... Wireless tech simply can't handle this stuff, for now.... unless you go with some really expensive specialized stuff.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

19 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

This thing:

The best way is to run a really long display cable...
Going wireless (for now) means you will introduce lag and compression, as you have already figured out:

image.png.00bfc0fef12a6c76bfceabe2f6fafed7.png

image.png.c641680777aa5436542f36a176d2f622.png

Standard WiFi doesn't have enough bandwidth to do what you want it to do without compressing the video feed (which also introduces lag).
WiFi 6 has max theoretical bandwidth of 9.6 Gb/s across multiple channels... Wireless tech simply can't handle this stuff, for now.... unless you go with some really expensive specialized stuff.

Oof, Monorice, what happened... Good catch