Stuck on airplane mode

Supportsneedlove

Hey,

My friend's laptop stuck on airplane mode. 

He has tried restarting it, but that didn't fix anything. 

We've tried pasting the command in the picture into command prompt, but it replied with "acces denied".

Do any of you know what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

IMG_20220313_180812.jpg

What laptop model is it? 

I assume that picture isn't from the laptop as it says completed successfully. Did you run CMD as administrator when you tried?

EDIT: Also, what else have tried to disable it? Did you go straight to registry keys?

23 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What laptop model is it? 

I assume that picture isn't from the laptop as it says completed successfully. Did you run CMD as administrator when you tried?

EDIT: Also, what else have tried to disable it? Did you go straight to registry keys?

The computer is an Asus x54c. 

I opened cmd via the windows botton+r interface. I don't know if that runs the program as administrator. 

We've tried using the function key to turn the airplane mode back off. 

We've restarted the laptop a couple of times. 

The problem with it is that the airplane botton is grayed out, as if it wasn't turned on. 

22 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

The computer is an Asus x54c. 

I opened cmd via the windows botton+r interface. I don't know if that runs the program as administrator. 

We've tried using the function key to turn the airplane mode back off. 

We've restarted the laptop a couple of times. 

The problem with it is that the airplane botton is grayed out, as if it wasn't turned on. 

While the manual doesn't seem to indicate it has one, look for a physical switch on the laptop for airplane mode. Some laptops have a dedicated switch for it. 

EDIT: Also, I know you said you tried the function key, but see if there are any keys with a little Radio or Airplane icon, then hold the fn key and tap the key with the icon. F2 appears to be a common one on Asus laptops.

Few things you can try:

Find Airplane mode in settings (Settings > Network and Internet > Airplane Mode) and see if the toggle switch is greyed out. Also let me know if it says that things are controlled by your organisation at the top of the settings page. 

Check if the RmSvc service is running (Radio Management service). If it is, try stopping and disabling it and restarting. If it's not, start it and see if the button is still greyed out. 

Search for CMD and right click and run as administrator and try the command again. 

Some other things here as well:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/airplane-mode-greyed-out-in-windows-10

Yeah it's fn + F2 on that laptop. As airplane mode is greyed out, that's what I'd expect it to be, rather than a software issue. 

image.png.de345a551a36b557f52b10c5eef4979c.png