will a x79 chinese motherboard support 24gb ram and run as dual channel?

https://shopee.ph/X79-Motherboard-mATX-INTEL-LGA-2011-Mainboard-i.482399746.12612719456 heres the link to the mobo and i want to pair it with my current 2x4gb and the that i will be buying which is 2x8gb, does it support 24gb ram? and will the 2x8gb run as dual channel? or should i just get a mobo that only have 2 dimm slot? only 15$ diff btw so im thinking that i should get the one with 4 dimm slot

5 minutes ago, THEUNKNOWN213 said:

[…] i want to pair it with my current 2x4gb and the that i will be buying which is 2x8gb, does it support 24gb ram? and will the 2x8gb run as dual channel?

The CPU's memory controller is the one that needs to support it. I don't see why it shouldn't support 24 GB, and since each stick is paired with an equally sized one, they should all run in dual channel. Make sure the new RAM has the same frequency and latency (CL) as your existing RAM.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

17 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The CPU's memory controller is the one that needs to support it. I don't see why it shouldn't support 24 GB, and since each stick is paired with an equally sized one, they should all run in dual channel. Make sure the new RAM has the same frequency and latency (CL) as your existing RAM.

will there be a problem if they dont have the same latency? the 2x8 have cl 12 my current 2x4 is cl11 will it cause like a bsod or something? or will the 2x4gb adjust to cl 12?

1 minute ago, THEUNKNOWN213 said:

will there be a problem if they dont have the same latency? the 2x8 have cl 12 my current 2x4 is cl11 will it cause like a bsod or something? or will the 2x4gb adjust to cl 12?

They should just run at the higher latency. But there's always the slight possibility it won't work.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

They should just run at the higher latency. But there's always the slight possibility it won't work.

i think ill just get the one with 2 slots then use 2x8gb then sell the 2x4 to my brother because he will build a pc soon anyways 🙂 because i dont want my hard earned money to be wasted so i dont want to take any risk, thanks for answering my questions btw ❤️