2 boards don't work with this CPU, dead?

Backstory: I have an HP z620 workstation, used to run dual processors in it. Noticed it would randomly crash though, crash to blackscreen and have to hard restart. Didn't happen with the 2nd CPU removed, so I thought the problem was with the riser board that held the second chip. So I took that out and it has worked fine for months.

Now, I am doing a custom build with that chip and it either doesn't POST, boots to blackscreen, randomly restarts every 5 seconds, or boots but crashes within 1 minute. Changing memory slots seems to help for 2-3 boots but then it's broken again. All RAM works in another board and ram from the workstation works in this board so it's not a ram problem. Everything is hooked up right, no reason for it to go wrong there.

I think it's the CPU that is the culprit here since it has similar symptoms in both systems. I'll see if I can get my hands on another LGA 2011 CPU to test but I don't know if I'll be able to do that, rather not buy one unless I know I need to.

CPU is a Xeon E5-2690, board is an X79 Turbo

Any help would be appreciated! 

I'm going to take a wild guess that the X79 Turbo just doesn't support the Xeon. It may support some, but not all, perhaps none at all. I can't find much information for X79 Turbo. Looks to be a China knock off?

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I'm going to take a wild guess that the X79 Turbo just doesn't support the Xeon. It may support some, but not all, perhaps none at all. I can't find much information for X79 Turbo. Looks to be a China knock off?

It is a knockoff, yes. I have seen videos of the same Xeon e5 being used on that board so I believe it should work though

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

It is a knockoff, yes. I have seen videos of the same Xeon e5 being used on that board so I believe it should work though

Could very well be a bad cpu. Kinda starting to sound like it now. 😞