Help me build my dream PC

Budget (including currency): My budget is around 3k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games on 1440P maxed out and RTX whenever possible. Light photo/video editing (nothing super professional) and light CAD and CFD work (again, not that professional)

Other details : So I want a fairly high end PC  but want to spend as less as possible. Obviously I watch LTT so I know a thing or two about PCs. I want help regarding some stuff though (if you want to recommend a better product for me that I didn't mention I needed help on, you're more than welcome to do so too)
First, I want to slightly overclock my CPU thus the K option, do you think the Noctua cooler will be enough or like 500MHz/.5GHz OC? And is this a good CPU or should I get something else whether that's from AMD or Intel. Any path I go, I really don't want a CPU/GPU/RAM bottleneck. I really don't want any bottlenecking, thus the mesh case.
Second, what GPU do you think I should get according to my workload?

Third, I feel like I'm overspending on periphirals because I have no idea about them. I really hate wired mice and headphones, keyboards, wired is fine. But I want a mechanical keyboard, all periphirals RGB, and preferably, all from the same brand so it matches aesthetics. 

Fourth, am I overspending on monitor and motherboard? Note: For monitor I need a 1440, at least  27 inches high refresh rate one, please recommend a good one. And are there equivalent or better performing motherboards for the same or close to price?

Fifth, I learth that more power supply efficiency means more of my mains electricity is converted efficiently to DC power and I don't want my electricity bill to be any higher than it needs to so I got the most efficient one, is this a misconception? Note: I need 1000Ws because I might upgrade GPU etc in the future.

Sixth, for airflow and thermals, is this the best case there is?In addition to that, what will be a good airflow setup with any case you recommened, or on the one I chose.

Seventh, anything else you can help me with regarding this build. 🙂

Lastly, I have already embedded the PC Part Picker list at the bottom. Incase it no workie, here's the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6j2NQ6

Thank you if you have come this far, I appriciate you doing this for me. ❤️ 

https://PC-Part-Picker.hazikaiyan.repl.co

Yeah your peripherals are almost 10x more expensive than they should be. The board is also way overpriced.

10 minutes ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

I really don't want any bottlenecking

A bottleneck refers to the slowest component in a machine.

Every computer that has ever existed regardless of price or time period has a bottleneck. Theres no such thing as not having a bottleneck

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Yeah your peripherals are almost 10x more expensive than they should be. The board is also way overpriced.

A bottleneck refers to the slowest component in a machine.

Every computer that has ever existed regardless of price or time period has a bottleneck. Theres no such thing as not having a bottleneck

I know Linus said bottleneck will always be there, but I'm just trying to minimize it. And if you woulld be kind enough to recommened good periphirals, I'd appriciate that. And thanks for your reply 🙂 

5 minutes ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

I know Linus said bottleneck will always be there, but I'm just trying to minimize it. And if you woulld be kind enough to recommened good periphirals, I'd appriciate that. And thanks for your reply 🙂 

Well again a bottleneck also only exists through usage so the bottleneck changes depending on the task so there no real minimizing it either unless you know every task that will occur on the machine ahead of time.

As for peripherals i dont have any to recommend as i purposely buy cheap peripherals as their cost to performance ratio will always exceed expensive peripherals. Basically ive had free computer mice outlive expensive computer mice so no real point in investing into products based on rgb gimmicks that do not effect the lifespan of the product.

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

Well again a bottleneck also only exists through usage so the bottleneck changes depending on the task so there no real minimizing it either unless you know every task that will occur on the machine ahead of time.

As for peripherals i dont have any to recommend as i purposely buy cheap peripherals as their cost to performance ratio will always exceed expensive peripherals. Basically ive had free computer mice outlive expensive computer mice so no real point in investing into products based on rgb gimmicks that do not effect the lifespan of the product.

Thanks for your answer, I will keep that in consideration

Not very premium, i5-12600k is more of a mid range CPU, mobo is pretty budget too. 12900K would be the most premium CPU, but unless you're a heavy multi tasker I wouldn't recommend it. If you're getting the 3090, I would go with at least a 12700K.

Budget small sata drive, would go with more premium 1/2TB gen 4 drive. Ditch the HDD don't need it on a premium build.

My recommendation:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($384.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($127.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING AMP Extreme Holo Video Card  ($0.00) 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($239.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA G5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard  ($249.99 @ Adorama) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($324.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2715.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-11 14:47 EST-0500

12700K because the 2 p cores will give your PC better longevity

Noctua NH-D15S is one of the best air cooler. You can also consider AIO

More premium white board sticking to white theme

Alternative ram for cheaper and also faster (not by much though)

Storage is now 1tb gen 4 (P5 plus) for boot and programs, and 2tb gen 3 (S7) for games and files

Brought you down to a 1000W 80+ Gold. You don't really need platinum/titanium unless you run your PC 24/7.

A good and cheaper 1440p 144hz monitor

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Not very premium, i5-12600k is more of a mid range CPU, mobo is pretty budget too. 12900K would be the most premium CPU, but unless you're a heavy multi tasker I wouldn't recommend it. If you're getting the 3090, I would go with at least a 12700K.

Budget small sata drive, would go with more premium 1/2TB gen 4 drive. Ditch the HDD don't need it on a premium build.

My recommendation:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($127.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING AMP Extreme Holo Video Card  ($0.00) 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($239.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA G5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard  ($249.99 @ Adorama) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($324.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2715.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-11 14:47 EST-0500

12700K because the 2 p cores will give your PC better longevity

Noctua NH-D15S is one of the best air cooler. You can also consider AIO

More premium white board sticking to white theme

Alternative ram for cheaper and also faster (not by much though)

Storage is now 1tb gen 4 (P5 plus) for boot and programs, and 2tb gen 3 (S7) for games and files

Brought you down to a 1000W 80+ Gold. You don't really need platinum/titanium unless you run your PC 24/7.

A good and cheaper 1440p 144hz monitor

OMG I really didn't expect such an awesome and detailed reply. Thanks a lot mate. Regarding CPU, I just hope I don't bottleneck my GPU. And erm, you know the situation is kinda bad so I'm not sure about a 3090. I just put in there to make sure that if I wanna upgrade later on, my case has the space. I honestly just need something that can run maxed out, 1440p, rtx but only if possible. And ofc some very light and unprofessional video and photo editing and cad work. Again, thanks for such a detailed reply for a PC noob, I guess I know less than I think I do 

14 minutes ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

Regarding CPU, I just hope I don't bottleneck my GPU

12700k currently one of the fastest CPU's at least until 13th gen and zen4 launches. The 12900k is marginally faster, but not enough to really notice. The only difference between the two is the 4 extra e cores and slightly higher out of box speeds, which won't really help in game that much. It may help in video editing though.

In terms of bottleneck, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you're getting hardware within the same gen, you shouldn't get any major bottlenecks

14 minutes ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

And erm, you know the situation is kinda bad so I'm not sure about a 3090

Yea you might want to get a cheaper GPU for now and wait until the new stuff from Nvidia launches (rtx 40 series)

15 minutes ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

Again, thanks for such a detailed reply for a PC noob, I guess I know less than I think I do 

No problem, man! I've been following PC stuff for about a year now and still learning new stuff lol. It's quite a rabbit hole

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

12700k currently one of the fastest CPU's at least until 13th gen and zen4 launches. The 12900k is marginally faster, but not enough to really notice. The only difference between the two is the 4 extra e cores and slightly higher out of box speeds, which won't really help in game that much. It may help in video editing though.

In terms of bottleneck, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you're getting hardware within the same gen, you shouldn't get any major bottlenecks

Yea you might want to get a cheaper GPU for now and wait until the new stuff from Nvidia launches (rtx 40 series)

Yeah excited for 40 series and arc GPUs

A little light on the GPU, but it fits the budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($292.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($141.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($263.51 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($879.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($325.99 @ GameStop) 
Keyboard: MSI Vigor GK60 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($119.00 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: MSI CLUTCH GM41 LIGHTWEIGHT WIRELESS Wireless Optical Mouse  ($55.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2752.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-11 15:32 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

24 minutes ago, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($292.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($141.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($263.51 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($879.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($325.99 @ GameStop) 
Mouse: MSI CLUTCH GM41 LIGHTWEIGHT WIRELESS Wireless Optical Mouse  ($55.99 @ Amazon) 

Thanks for making this build mate, appreciate the help. And I'm not gonna buy exactly right now. Definitely waiting for the new 40 series and Arc GPUs and prices seem to be going down too. So hopefully by the time I DO build this, I can get a better GPU for the same price. Again, thanks a lot mate!

First buy a cheap windows 10 pro key not one for 150 dollars that will save you around 130 right there. then this is a list of components that are similar to what you have but less expensive, without being less quality

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Then with the money you save buy a 12700k or kf and be happy. Also with the 4080/90 right around the corner with rumored double the performance buy a 3070 and resell it when 40 series launch and don't cry about the money wasted, or buy a 3090 second hand in a couple months

2 hours ago, the_gremlinn said:

First buy a cheap windows 10 pro key not one for 150 dollars that will save you around 130 right there. then this is a list of components that are similar to what you have but less expensive, without being less quality

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Then with the money you save buy a 12700k or kf and be happy. Also with the 4080/90 right around the corner with rumored double the performance buy a 3070 and resell it when 40 series launch and don't cry about the money wasted, or buy a 3090 second hand in a couple months

yeah i do't plan on buying for w10 for 150 anyways hahah. and regarding the list, i think you should copy it from the interface rather than the URL bar because it shows my build with the URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ 

And thanks for helping out

18 hours ago, hazikaiyanpro said:

yeah i do't plan on buying for w10 for 150 anyways hahah. and regarding the list, i think you should copy it from the interface rather than the URL bar because it shows my build with the URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ 

And thanks for helping out

My bad lol on the part list

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZspLJM

But I believe the panel in the tough monitor is the same just not as overclocked and swap to a 12700k or kf

On 3/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, hazikaiyanpro said:

Budget (including currency): My budget is around 3k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games on 1440P maxed out and RTX whenever possible. Light photo/video editing (nothing super professional) and light CAD and CFD work (again, not that professional)

Other details : So I want a fairly high end PC  but want to spend as less as possible. Obviously I watch LTT so I know a thing or two about PCs. I want help regarding some stuff though (if you want to recommend a better product for me that I didn't mention I needed help on, you're more than welcome to do so too)
First, I want to slightly overclock my CPU thus the K option, do you think the Noctua cooler will be enough or like 500MHz/.5GHz OC? And is this a good CPU or should I get something else whether that's from AMD or Intel. Any path I go, I really don't want a CPU/GPU/RAM bottleneck. I really don't want any bottlenecking, thus the mesh case.
Second, what GPU do you think I should get according to my workload?

Third, I feel like I'm overspending on periphirals because I have no idea about them. I really hate wired mice and headphones, keyboards, wired is fine. But I want a mechanical keyboard, all periphirals RGB, and preferably, all from the same brand so it matches aesthetics. 

Fourth, am I overspending on monitor and motherboard? Note: For monitor I need a 1440, at least  27 inches high refresh rate one, please recommend a good one. And are there equivalent or better performing motherboards for the same or close to price?

Fifth, I learth that more power supply efficiency means more of my mains electricity is converted efficiently to DC power and I don't want my electricity bill to be any higher than it needs to so I got the most efficient one, is this a misconception? Note: I need 1000Ws because I might upgrade GPU etc in the future.

Sixth, for airflow and thermals, is this the best case there is?In addition to that, what will be a good airflow setup with any case you recommened, or on the one I chose.

Seventh, anything else you can help me with regarding this build. 🙂

Lastly, I have already embedded the PC Part Picker list at the bottom. Incase it no workie, here's the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6j2NQ6

Thank you if you have come this far, I appriciate you doing this for me. ❤️ 

https://PC-Part-Picker.hazikaiyan.repl.co

bro with 3k, you literally can build a beast of a PC. i built mines last year and love it. 1440p resolution 165hz maxed out on all games. ill help you build one later when i come back.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

i like this build, but ill swap that air cooler for an actual liquid coolant instead. artic liquid freezer II would do great. and 3600 CL memory would probably do better.

On 3/14/2022 at 6:55 AM, c00face said:

i like this build, but ill swap that air cooler for an actual liquid coolant instead. artic liquid freezer II would do great. and 3600 CL memory would probably do better.

Thanks for your suggestion mate, I'll take that into account as well when I do finalize this. Also, you meant to say 3600MHz RAM right?

On 3/14/2022 at 6:49 AM, c00face said:

bro with 3k, you literally can build a beast of a PC. i built mines last year and love it. 1440p resolution 165hz maxed out on all games. ill help you build one later when i come back.

Yeah um what GPU would you recommend, I see that you liked someone else's recommendations, so 3070Ti is good enough right?

On 3/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, hazikaiyanpro said:

Yeah um what GPU would you recommend, I see that you liked someone else's recommendations, so 3070Ti is good enough right?

running at 1440 resolution @165 hz, i'll say you'll want to aim for a 3080 for ultra settings play. you can use 3070 but it might be on lower resolution for some triple A games. not sure what games you plan on playing but if its not graphic intensive, then 3070 should work fine.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, c00face said:

running at 1440 resolution @165 hz, i'll say you'll want to aim for a 3080 for ultra settings play. you can use 3070 but it might be on lower resolution for some triple A games. not sure what games you plan on playing but if its not graphic intensive, then 3070 should work fine.

Thank you so much!! I was gonna waste money on a 3080ti but now I know 3080 is enough