First Build!!!!

HussanK

I have wanted to build a computer for a long time. I finally got fed up with my 4 year old Macbook Pro and instead of buying a new one I decided to build my own. I got the i7-4770K over the i5-4670K because I will be doing video editing and rendering, as well as pretty light audio recording and editing. This will also be used for gaming. I have the H100i in a push pull configuration. I definitely bought too much thermal compound, but its cool since my friends is build a computer soon as well so he can just use what is left over. I really only went for the U3DH because it fit the color scheme of my build. I chose 16GB of Ram of 8 because of the editing and rendering. I probably should have gotten more storage, but since i do have quite a few external hard drives I think i will be fine. I really wanted to get a 780ti, and was planning on getting an EVGA one, but when the price of the Gigabyte card dropped that low I really didn't this I was going to get a much better deal. During the build process, before I put everything into the chassis, I did a test boot to see if it would at least turn on, and it didn't. I then proceeded to spend 30 mins attempting to figure out what was wrong only to realize that I didn't push the RAM dimms in all the way. Also I feel like the PSU cables we a little short for the case, but I was able to make everything work. I also was really worried about cable management, but I think I didn't do an awful job. I will be overclocked my CPU, and my GPU, but I am going to give it a week or so before I do. This is just to make sure I don;t ruin anything before I start to overclock. Currently the monitor I have is the Qnix2710 27" monitor, which so far I am really happy with. Even though I didn't get the perfect pixel one, which I thought I did, It still turned up have no dead pixels and alomst no light bleeding ( as far as I can tell about the light bleeding). Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the pcpartpicker forums for helping me decide what to get, and making sure I don't completely ruin everything by picking dumbly. Thanks so much :D!!!

87cbb0cbf3e0a5e959babe97f8eeebf3.png

331f8d097ee51f76263def05c773d8ac.png038aedba55556ea61aac7d75e9f29a5b.png

920df2c6c77ab22cbec7e120232a4596.png

Very, very slick my friend. Congrats on such a nice system. ^All of this is from the PCPP link.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

^^ SLS's 6969th post! ^^

OT: Nice build. I wish I had a budget like that.

What are the videos that you edit for?

That is a very very nice build! Especially first build. Was I involved in part picking? It seems like it.

Mine was um... not ok.

This is why you come to a place like this to get good ideas and tips, mine was um... horrible.

Very impressive and I like the snowball im going to be getting one soon too ;)

but with than budget I think you could have atleast got a mouse pad in my opinion its as important as the mouse itself.

Very impressive and I like the snowball im going to be getting one soon too ;)

but with than budget I think you could have atleast got a mouse pad in my opinion its as important as the mouse itself.

I actually just picked up a steelseries Qck today lol

^^ SLS's 6969th post! ^^

OT: Nice build. I wish I had a budget like that.

What are the videos that you edit for?

I work for a small production agency in my hometown :D

I work for a small production agency in my hometown :D

Ah. That's cool.

People always say they are going to do video editing or something when they buy an i7. I just always wonder what for or if they even do it.

That is a very very nice build! Especially first build. Was I involved in part picking? It seems like it.

Mine was um... not ok.

This is why you come to a place like this to get good ideas and tips, mine was um... horrible.

How terrible could it be??

The only things I did bad with were: ickey phantom 410 in red and 30$ PSU.

Ot looks great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How terrible could it be??

The only things I did bad with were: ickey phantom 410 in red and 30$ PSU.

Ot looks great

I got an Antec 1200...

I didn't manage most of my cables because I was just wanted to grt it to work lol

excellent build my friend, well done

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I got an Antec 1200...

I didn't manage most of my cables because I was just wanted to grt it to work lol

Ah. My cablev management is decent. You can see it in the thread "post your cable management" that is my first and current build. I want to move where the 24 pin is but I can not get it unplugged from the motherboard. It's kinda stuck.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ah. My cablev management is decent. You can see it in the thread "post your cable management" that is my first and current build. I want to move where the 24 pin is but I can not get it unplugged from the motherboard. It's kinda stuck.

Yeah, some first build are amazing. My CPU power cable was too short so it was draped across the case lol

I wish I had pictures :(