Dangerous temperature spikes?

Hey, so I've been experimenting with various overclock stuff mainly to get my 5800x temperatures down. I tried PBO Curve stuff, CTR 2.1 and now Hydra. When using Hydra for the overclock I get significantly better results than when I was doing PBO stuff myself and as such I've decided to stick with it and after fine tuning the profiles I'm very pleased. One weird thing I noticed however is that my CPU experiences random very high temperature spikes in certain situations. I am fairly certain that this is as a result of the program not switching to the appropriate OC profile quickly enough relative to the change in load the CPU experiences. These spikes are anywhere from 95-105 degrees however they last most likely under 6ms (the poll rate for Hydra to adjust the profile) and I'm wondering if these temps are dangerous if they occur for such short periods of time. Overall my power draw and temperatures are significantly lower than on any Curve Optimizer setup I tried so these random spikes are the only thing that's going wrong. Should I be worried by this occurring? Are the high temps for such short periods of time enough to damage the CPU or affect it's lifespan in the long run? Thanks in advance!

Because of how short the temp spike is it shouldnt really be dangerous, its only when you run really high temp (115c+) over prolonged periods of time is when cpus start degrading cause of overheating

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Because of how short the temp spike is it shouldnt really be dangerous, its only when you run really high temp (115c+) over prolonged periods of time is when cpus start degrading cause of overheating

That's good to hear. I have however noticed something fairly weird, I'm not sure if this is a bug or I just don't quite understand what I'm looking at. It seems like the Die average is reporting 30 degrees above what any of the cores ever hit. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

core weird.png

2 minutes ago, Rainbrew said:

It seems like the Die average is reporting 30 degrees above what any of the cores ever hit.

IMG_20220307_170620.thumb.jpg.05be12dbb39f7be446f36c20b43be4e0.jpg

Prob just a bug like shown here except the  "cpu" temperature in my case is 429 million c instead of 102c

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

IMG_20220307_170620.thumb.jpg.05be12dbb39f7be446f36c20b43be4e0.jpg

Prob just a bug like shown here except the  "cpu" temperature in my case is 429 million c instead of 102c

And I thought the 5800x ran hot...

36 minutes ago, Rainbrew said:

And I thought the 5800x ran hot...

I think that was taken while i was screwing around with 1500mhz ddr2 oc on my garbage p5q, only reason its running that hot is because crappy cooler and a meager 4.2 ish oc at ~1.35v just for stability reasons, these actually run pretty cool, cant say the same for my x5660 thats for sure