ERROR “New cpu installed FTPM/psp corrupted”

DaMattberg

just upgraded my cpu from an AMD 2600x to a 5800x and installed some new RAM. When I booted the computer I got this error message that says “new cpu installed, FTPM/PSP corrupted and then tells me I can either 

“press Y to reset FTPM, if you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not boot without recovery key”. 

Or 

“press N to keep previous FTPM record and continue system boot, ftpm will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to old cpu to recover TPM related data and key.” 
I updated my bios prior to installing the new hardware so bios would recognize it and thought I had done all my research on how to do this but apparently not. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? I have not moved on from this error screen yet. Thanks!

Specs
X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WI-FI mobo
850w seasoning PSU
Amd 2600x wraiths cpu (old)
Amd 5800x cpu (new)
Gskill 2x8 DDR4 ram (old)
Gskill 2x16 DDR4 ram (new)

If you don't use bitlocker, (or otherwise know you need the TPM) just reset it and be on your way.

AMD's fTPM is stored on the CPU, so if that gets changed out then the stored keys need to be reset in the new CPU.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

3 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

If you don't use bitlocker, (or otherwise know you need the TPM) just reset it and be on your way.

AMD's fTPM is stored on the CPU, so if that gets changed out then the stored keys need to be reset in the new CPU.

I have no clue what bit locker is so I’d assume I don’t use it. Just to be clear are you saying I should press Y to reset it? What do I need to do after it boots to rest the keys in the new CPU? And thank you for your help I really appreciate it. Was panicking over here haha. 

26 minutes ago, DaMattberg said:

I have no clue what bit locker is so I’d assume I don’t use it. Just to be clear are you saying I should press Y to reset it? What do I need to do after it boots to rest the keys in the new CPU? And thank you for your help I really appreciate it. Was panicking over here haha. 

Yes, answer Yes to clear the old "key" tied to your old CPU. I had the same issue last month when I upgraded my 3900X to 5900X.

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

26 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Yes, answer Yes to clear the old "key" tied to your old CPU. I had the same issue last month when I upgraded my 3900X to 5900X.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I thought I had messed up bad! Worked like a charm! Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, DaMattberg said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I thought I had messed up bad! Worked like a charm! Thanks again!

Little late here but all you did was press Y? I just upgraded cpu last night on windows 11 getting same message. Been pressing N just to get into windows but I do know that at some point I had TPM enabled to get win11 so I just don't wanna brick my stuff.