Can't boot into BIOS to enable xmp

bub99999
Go to solution Solved by bub99999,

Thanks for the suggestions! Turns out I was just a bit of an idiot. It was booting to BIOS, but the display was outputting through hdmi to my tv... which was turned off...🤦‍♂️

I am trying to boot into my bios to enable xmp on my new ram. PC boots fine into windows and shows all ram. I have disabled all forms of fast boot/fast startup and when I try to boot to bios using windows 10 advanced startup options I get post code A6. Press the reset on the case and it boots back into windows just fine. It's the same story when I try the traditional route of spamming delete on startup. Any suggestions on how I could get into BIOS?

i7-6800k

MSI x99a Gaming 7

Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (boot drive)

While booting, you've tried spamming ESC, f8, f10 and/or Delete? One of those normally does the trick.

According to a manual I found, you should be spamming the Delete key... if that doesn't work I'd double check that your keyboard is on and detected while POSTing. (Or that your delete key is at least functioning)

Thanks for the suggestions! Turns out I was just a bit of an idiot. It was booting to BIOS, but the display was outputting through hdmi to my tv... which was turned off...🤦‍♂️