i have an ssd and an hdd i want to install buyt both have windows i only want one os on the my mx500 ssd

TunaFishnSky

I have a ssd that i have been using forever, but its running out of space and i have an older seagate 1000gb video hdd that last time i checked works. anyway both of them have windows and i only want 1 os on my ssd but i am worried plugging it in will cause damage to my ssd files, will it? if not how to i remove windows from the drive

2 minutes ago, TunaFishnSky said:

anyway both of them have windows and i only want 1 os on my ssd but i am worried plugging it in will cause damage to my ssd files, will it?

Nope. I've had 3 different drives in my system with 3 different Windows installs on them for reasons, it's fine. I'd still recommend removing the Windows installation, but mainly because Windows takes up between about 50 and 100GB of data depending on how many programs you have installed, and it's a lot easier to delete Windows before you start loading it up with files than afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, TunaFishnSky said:

how to i remove windows from the drive

Boot into Windows on the SSD (you might need to manually select the SSD in the BIOS or in a boot device selection screen, I don't know what board you have so can't really say for specifics on how to do this). Press start and type "partition manager" and open up the "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions" program. Before this next step make sure there aren't any important files on this drive because they're gonna be deleted by the upcoming steps, back them up to Google Drive, a flash drive, whatever. Right click each volume on that drive and click "delete volume" until the drive is fully unallocated. Right click and select "New Simple Volume" and follow the wizard. Boom, you're done and Windows is officially off that drive. 

If you set the priority of your boot devices so the SSD is before the HDD, it will never boot from the HDD.

Even if it did boot from the SSD, there wouldn't be an issue.

You can make the boot priority to:

1- flash drive

2- CD

3- SSD

4- HDD

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.