Hdmi port on 3070 not working after driver update

Epiclol86
Go to solution Solved by irishbeast,

I don't know the answer, seems very strange. May have a plan b

I somehow manage to physically damage my 3070 HDMI port and similar situation to yourself with dual monitors

Although its a pain you can buy signal converter cables from amazon. One thing to weary off if you buy say a DP to HDMI cable it won't work the other way round. There are adaptors for that sort of thing that do bi-directonal but the cost is crazy. Think I picked cable up less less than a tenner.

Hopefully future updates will stop this from happening. Must be very annoying. All official drivers I presume? No betas or anything like that?

Hi! I have a rtx 3070 that has two hdmi ports and 2 displayports and a dual monitor setup that uses two hdmi cables because my monitors are kinda cheap and don't have displayport. It used to work fine until about 6 months ago, when i updated my graphics driver my second monitor stopped being detected. I switched the cables around the hdmi ports on the card and now my primary display wasn't detected, leading me to believe that the new driver disabled that port. I reverted drivers back to my old driver and the port was back to working perfectly. Now i have been trying for months every new driver and every time it disables the port and i have to revert back to the old driver. I'm getting tired of it. What can i do to fix my problem?

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

I don't know the answer, seems very strange. May have a plan b

I somehow manage to physically damage my 3070 HDMI port and similar situation to yourself with dual monitors

Although its a pain you can buy signal converter cables from amazon. One thing to weary off if you buy say a DP to HDMI cable it won't work the other way round. There are adaptors for that sort of thing that do bi-directonal but the cost is crazy. Think I picked cable up less less than a tenner.

Hopefully future updates will stop this from happening. Must be very annoying. All official drivers I presume? No betas or anything like that?

55 minutes ago, Epiclol86 said:

Hi! I have a rtx 3070 that has two hdmi ports and 2 displayports and a dual monitor setup that uses two hdmi cables because my monitors are kinda cheap and don't have displayport. It used to work fine until about 6 months ago, when i updated my graphics driver my second monitor stopped being detected. I switched the cables around the hdmi ports on the card and now my primary display wasn't detected, leading me to believe that the new driver disabled that port. I reverted drivers back to my old driver and the port was back to working perfectly. Now i have been trying for months every new driver and every time it disables the port and i have to revert back to the old driver. I'm getting tired of it. What can i do to fix my problem?

Try running DDU in safe mode. It deletes all old drivers that may be conflicting: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

1 hour ago, Frizz said:

Try running DDU in safe mode. It deletes all old drivers that may be conflicting: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I have tried clearing all old drivers and it doesn't seem to help sadly...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

I have gone and bought a displayport to hdmi cable and it's a workaround, it doesn't solve the hdmi port issue but at least it allows me to use my second monitor! thanks for your help!

Glad it worked for you! Not sure how my HDMI got damaged but I was left with 3xDP port and I use 3 displays at work (Not a competition!) but only one has a HDMI, so my hand was forced. Don't lose any resolution either which is a double bonus