RAM "Over"Clocking on Lenovo Legion 5 Tower

Sharccc

I've got two mixed memory modules (I know, cursed.) in my PC. Both are the same speed, same voltage, same capacity, and (nearly) the same latency. The only substantial difference is one is made by Lenovo themselves, and the other was from Team Group and added in later by me. Both Modules are rated to 3200 Mhz I think. The lenovo one might only be 3000, but I was only planning on clocking them to 3000 anyways (Assuming the Ryzen 5 3600 is compatible with that clockspeed).

The issue is, (According to the Lenovo BIOS), both sticks are running at 2400 mhz. In any other BIOS, there should be an easily accessible menu for tweaking RAM clockspeed, but when I enter the Lenovo BIOS, there is no option I can find for memory overclocking. 

Is there any sort of hidden menu that isn't easy to find in the Lenovo BIOS, or better yet, just a way to bypass their "fancy" graphical stuff entirely and just go to a bare-bones text based one that actually has what I need? Or am I just perpetually stuck at 2400 mhz because of a stupidly configured BIOS..?

Perpetually stuck is one good way to put it.

But if it runs Jedec speeds, find some 2667mhz stuff. Make sure it's not xmp rated though.  And it might run that.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Perpetually stuck is one good way to put it.

But if it runs Jedec speeds, find some 2667mhz stuff. Make sure it's not xmp rated though.  And it might run that.

I'd rather not have to buy new, slower RAM, just to use it at a slightly higher clockspeed. Both sticks of RAM are rated to atleast 3000 mhz, but I can't figure out where in the BIOS it'll let me actually enable that speed instead of having it locked at 2400.

4 hours ago, Sharccc said:

I'd rather not have to buy new, slower RAM, just to use it at a slightly higher clockspeed. Both sticks of RAM are rated to atleast 3000 mhz, but I can't figure out where in the BIOS it'll let me actually enable that speed instead of having it locked at 2400.

The non overclocking standard OEM hardware does not overclock.

You are stuck with Jedec speeds, I don't care how fast you think the ram is. The bios does not support frequencies higher than Jedec....Obviously.

According to funny pre-built tester man, the RAM you buy must, in fact, have JEDEC speeds and timings. The Lenovo Legion does not recognize XMP profiles.

53 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

According to funny pre-built tester man, the RAM you buy must, in fact, have JEDEC speeds and timings. The Lenovo Legion does not recognize XMP profiles.

Thank you! It was really hard to take my own word for it.

Movies are the best!

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Thank you! It was really hard to take my own word for it.

Movies are the best!

Thanks, both of you. A bit pissed off at Lenovo that they only allow those speeds and not anything above / inbetween, but now atleast I know I'm not just being an idiot and missing something obvious in the BIOS.  I'm not gonna bother replacing the RAM since I don't think a change from 2400 to 2667 mhz would really warrant the cost of replacing all of the memory.