Xeon PC Build for Android Emulator ( Bluestack, NOX, LDplayer, etc )

Go to solution Solved by GhostRoadieBL,

so there's a few things to know first,

Bluestacks recommends a Passmark single thread score of 1000 or more (this means the single thread performance means more than lots of cores) and a GPU score of 750 or more.

E5-2640V3.JPG.d4d2cb52d23c3751580a03f3c9df8b1a.JPG

RX550.JPG.154f33575f05088411f600de255e4b13.JPG

so yes the 2640V3 and RX550 would be more than enough to emulate a few instances of Bluestacks,

you'll be limited to at motherboard like https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174800061151

ECC RAM isn't cheap but you should be able to run DDR4 on most of these boards, don't expect much over 2666 to be stable but you may get lucky with higher clocks

Personally I would try to get a GTX950 4GB instead of the RX550, score is basically double and it should cost around the same

8cores/16threads won't be fully utilized until you start playing with multi-instances and get your settings dialed in for each "emulator" to use more or less cores depending on what you are doing. Most phones only have 2-4 actual compute cores and they run much slower than desktop processors (ie your xeon would have 2x the single core requirement for emulating let alone the 14 other threads)

if you can get a motherboard with NVME you will see an improvement in loading multi-instances simply because the data can move faster, a Sata SSD would also be fine but the price between NVME and sata is getting really close.

Budget (including currency): 6.000.000 IDR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Android Emulators ( Bluestack, NOX, LDplayer, etc )

Other details Hello guys, can someone help me building xeon based pc ?

I want to use it for opening 5+ emulator instance for gaming

Some friend suggest me with xeon E5 2640 V3 + Huananzhi X99 mobo, Planning to add rx 550 for the build too, does the 8/16 xeon cores fully utilized by the android emulators ?

Lastly those 2640 have base clock 2.6 ghz and turbo boost to 3.2 ghz, is it okay to open many instance ?

Thankyou all, hope you have a nice day !

1643977422800.jpg

Bluestacks recommends a Passmark single thread score of 1000 or more (this means the single thread performance means more than lots of cores) and a GPU score of 750 or more.

so yes the 2640V3 and RX550 would be more than enough to emulate a few instances of Bluestacks,

ECC RAM isn't cheap but you should be able to run DDR4 on most of these boards, don't expect much over 2666 to be stable but you may get lucky with higher clocks

Personally I would try to get a GTX950 4GB instead of the RX550, score is basically double and it should cost around the same

8cores/16threads won't be fully utilized until you start playing with multi-instances and get your settings dialed in for each "emulator" to use more or less cores depending on what you are doing. Most phones only have 2-4 actual compute cores and they run much slower than desktop processors (ie your xeon would have 2x the single core requirement for emulating let alone the 14 other threads)

if you can get a motherboard with NVME you will see an improvement in loading multi-instances simply because the data can move faster, a Sata SSD would also be fine but the price between NVME and sata is getting really close.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 hour ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

This particular motherboard from china is kinda popular in my country, and aparrently in some south america country too after i searched for a bit,

http://www.huananzhi.com/html/1/184/185/427.html

It has 2 nvme slot and i think it use regular ddr4 in this mobo, or does it really need an ecc ram ? Does ram speed important in helping emulators run smoother ?

Does 950 perform better in emulator than 550 ? In those pricepoint, and considering limited stock in my country i can either get, rx550, gt 1030, or some used gtx 1050 if im lucky, 950 is kinda scarce in used market afterall

Thats kinda nice to hear if i can use all those juicy core for opening multi instance

Thankyou for the insight sir, 

10 minutes ago, FauzanStorm said:

does it really need an ecc ram ? Does ram speed important in helping emulators run smoother ?

Ecc support or requirements will be based on the Motherboard, usually it's listed on the spec page if it supports both. Page says it supports all 3 standards ecc, non-ecc and reg-ecc.

Ram speed won't make a noticeable difference in performance

If you can get a 1050, jump on it because driver should last longer (but that's a nice to have since once you have a working driver just leave it alone)

rx550 vs 950 or 1050, in emulators specifically, won't make a difference, also a nice to have rather than needed performance.

3 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Ecc support or requirements will be based on the Motherboard, usually it's listed on the spec page if it supports both. Page says it supports all 3 standards ecc, non-ecc and reg-ecc.

Ram speed won't make a noticeable difference in performance

If you can get a 1050, jump on it because driver should last longer (but that's a nice to have since once you have a working driver just leave it alone)

rx550 vs 950 or 1050, in emulators specifically, won't make a difference, also a nice to have rather than needed performance.

Nice, so if i want theoretically open 8 emulator instance, does 16 gb ram enough ? And does it stable to open 6-8 instance in this build ?

9 minutes ago, FauzanStorm said:

Nice, so if i want theoretically open 8 emulator instance, does 16 gb ram enough ? And does it stable to open 6-8 instance in this build ?

That depends on the game, I've never tried more than 2 on an r5-2600x, 8 instances gives you 2threads each and around 1.5gb of ram each so only way to know is test 4-6 and see if you have resources left.

Pubg runs 3gb of ram each easy so it depends.

7 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

That depends on the game, I've never tried more than 2 on an r5-2600x, 8 instances gives you 2threads each and around 1.5gb of ram each so only way to know is test 4-6 and see if you have resources left.

Pubg runs 3gb of ram each easy so it depends.

Mainly its for gacha games, doesnt really an intensive games like pubg, ill use internal emulator macro to paralel click all emulator, to do some daily quest, like bluearchive, exos heroes, konosuba, finalgear, etc

Does what we setting for instance (ie 2 threads, 1.5 gb ram) reflect 100% precisely in real threads and ram usage ?

4 minutes ago, FauzanStorm said:

Does what we setting for instance (ie 2 threads, 1.5 gb ram) reflect 100% precisely in real threads and ram usage ?

It was based on 16thread cpu, 16gb of ram (os uses some too) divided into 8 instances.

The emulator will use all the cores available and split them into each instance. Gatcha games are super light so 16gb of ram should be fine

6 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

It was based on 16thread cpu, 16gb of ram (os uses some too) divided into 8 instances.

The emulator will use all the cores available and split them into each instance. Gatcha games are super light so 16gb of ram should be fine

Alright sir its settled then, thankyou for your answers, have a nice day !