Help with pc fan cables

Momo1997

I bought the pc case Antec nx210 and totally regret it at this point. But it comes with 4 fans, 3 in the front and one in the back. The one in the back only has a molex connector and a fan male head connector. The other 3 all have both a male and female connector. I connect the molex to the psu and connect all the other fan cables but that leaves me with a male head. It’s just the first time I have seen a fan with a male head and not a female head. What do I do? 6D42CAE7-0B9F-41D9-8998-9007C9CAC0F5.thumb.jpeg.23c3197ca1a9dab59321bee42beb4a1e.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

I bought the pc case Antec nx210 and totally regret it at this point. But it comes with 4 fans, 3 in the front and one in the back. The one in the back only has a molex connector and a fan male head connector. The other 3 all have both a male and female connector. I connect the molex to the psu and connect all the other fan cables but that leaves me with a male head. It’s just the first time I have seen a fan with a male head and not a female head. What do I do? 6D42CAE7-0B9F-41D9-8998-9007C9CAC0F5.thumb.jpeg.23c3197ca1a9dab59321bee42beb4a1e.jpeg

That's weird.
This might help
https://www.amazon.com/Darkside-4-Pin-Female-Aquabus-Sleeved/dp/B01N1I8PW7

But yea you can just use the molex i guess

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

6 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

That's weird.
This might help
https://www.amazon.com/Darkside-4-Pin-Female-Aquabus-Sleeved/dp/B01N1I8PW7

But yea you can just use the molex i guess

Thank god. I though something was wrong with me. I saw that but can’t buy because it doesn’t ship to my country. Is it a mistake from their side? It just makes no sense. I do use the molex but also need to use the other head to connect to the other fans and that’s where it doesn’t add up

7 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

Thank god. I though something was wrong with me. I saw that but can’t buy because it doesn’t ship to my country. Is it a mistake from their side? It just makes no sense. I do use the molex but also need to use the other head to connect to the other fans and that’s where it doesn’t add up

What do you mean connect to the other fans ?
You mean to fan hub ?

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

27 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

What do you mean connect to the other fans ?
You mean to fan hub ?

Like in the picture. So I could just one header into the motherboard. Obviously doesn’t work either way because of the back fan. 

B205D9C0-97D6-4E67-88A3-9377FC3C53D7.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

Like in the picture. So I could just one header into the motherboard. Obviously doesn’t work either way because of the back fan. 

B205D9C0-97D6-4E67-88A3-9377FC3C53D7.jpeg

Oh my, scrap the link I gave before.
So all the 3 fans in the front have a male & female version of that small connector & no molex ?

I can't find manuals for your PC Case, so... probably you just need to daisy chain it with the front fans.

Refresh before you reply

22 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Oh my, scrap the link I gave before.
So all the 3 fans in the front have a male & female version of that small connector & no molex ?

I can't find manuals for your PC Case, so... probably you just need to daisy chain it with the front fans.

I can’t find any info either. Yes they all have a male and female connector except for the back fan that has a molex and male connector. But I think non of them have  rgb or argb headers. So I am confused on what I need to do in this case. 

32 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

I can’t find any info either. Yes they all have a male and female connector except for the back fan that has a molex and male connector. But I think non of them have  rgb or argb headers. So I am confused on what I need to do in this case. 

From what I've seen in their flyer for that case, the fan is marketed as ARGB but have default lighting.
The only way you can change their color is by connecting a controller (Which they don't include) to the special 2 pin dupont which are connected to a button on the top of the case.

My best guess is that the fan are powered by molex, then the power splitted through the small connector (JST SM connector).
it also serve as a.... way to "sync" all the fans lighting with each other.
Standard PWM connector doesn't shape like that, and doesn't have any kind of clips on either male or female version.

If what I said above is all true, then I don't think you can control the fan speed through BIOS either.

Honestly though, I'd suggest to just buy a decent enough fan with pwm so you can control all the fan speed through BIOS.

JST SM:
https://opencircuit.shop/product/4-pin-JST-SM-Plug-plus-Receptacle-Cable-Set

4pin PWM:
https://www.techinn.com/f/13748/137485181/startech-12-4pin-pwm-fan-extension-power-y-cable.jpg

Refresh before you reply

27 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

From what I've seen in their flyer for that case, the fan is marketed as ARGB but have default lighting.
The only way you can change their color is by connecting a controller (Which they don't include) to the special 2 pin dupont which are connected to a button on the top of the case.

My best guess is that the fan are powered by molex, then the power splitted through the small connector (JST SM connector).
it also serve as a.... way to "sync" all the fans lighting with each other.
Standard PWM connector doesn't shape like that, and doesn't have any kind of clips on either male or female version.

If what I said above is all true, then I don't think you can control the fan speed through BIOS either.

Honestly though, I'd suggest to just buy a decent enough fan with pwm so you can control all the fan speed through BIOS.

JST SM:
https://opencircuit.shop/product/4-pin-JST-SM-Plug-plus-Receptacle-Cable-Set

4pin PWM:
https://www.techinn.com/f/13748/137485181/startech-12-4pin-pwm-fan-extension-power-y-cable.jpg

Thank you for your help. I Got so frustrated that i already purchased new fans. I am also removing the case fans. By any chance do you know what to do if one of the fans are directly wired to the case? I can’t pull it out. 

2 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

Thank you for your help. I Got so frustrated that i already purchased new fans. I am also removing the case fans. By any chance do you know what to do if one of the fans are directly wired to the case? I can’t pull it out. 

Take a pic of the fan.
If there is no screw, they probably use glue (Damn, that rhymes quite well).

Refresh before you reply

2 minutes ago, Momo1997 said:

😂 DA14636F-5074-40D2-A454-993E2362DE94.jpeg

E72D0BDA-79E6-450A-B744-4FA27C292167.jpeg

Can't really see it well.
Is that front fan or back fan?
By wired to the case did you mean there is an actual wire from the fan goes directly to the case ? (like to front IO panel or something)

Refresh before you reply

26 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Can't really see it well.
Is that front fan or back fan?
By wired to the case did you mean there is an actual wire from the fan goes directly to the case ? (like to front IO panel or something)

That’s the back fan. It’s the only one that is directly wired to the case. Yes, so the first picture shows where the wire from the fan is connected to the case. 

3 hours ago, Momo1997 said:

That’s the back fan. It’s the only one that is directly wired to the case. Yes, so the first picture shows where the wire from the fan is connected to the case. 

Can you take a picture of the whole case from it's side?

Refresh before you reply