Help with Prefered Core selection Windows 11...

As i already sad in the Title, the "Prefered Core Selection" in Windows 11 is pretty Bad. I have an 5600X with 4,8GHz on the BEST Core and 3,8GHz on all the others. Windows is grabing my WORST Core to do the Single Core work, this is quite bad, not only because it is the worst performing Core, but also because the Core is clocking 1GHz lower then the "Best Core".

So im loosing 32%** in Cinebench (R23) Single Core and CPU-Z Single Core. **(If i have all cores but the best on 3,8GHz, with PBO i loose maybe 15-17%)
Thats just what i could measure, because i selected the core i want it to use (best one) in the Task Manager and got 32% more Performance out of the Benchmark.
I can't just Overclock the "worst" core and be Happy with it because it can only do about 4,6GHz Stable.. Thats not worth the Multi Core decrease when all the other Cores stop boosting!

My question is can i manually set wich Core Windows 11 should use?

This is what it right now looks like

image.thumb.png.c10bcec5d170cabcadb94593acf7783d.png

I Think you can see whats going wrong, its using the C01 (seen in HwInfo64 this is my WORST Core ) instead of the C02 (#2) or the C06 (#1).
image.thumb.png.1e0cb9d4de8e7ed30437e15640ca8cce.png

My System:
CPU = Ryzen 5 5600X
MB = MSI B550-A PRO
RAM = G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz CL16-38
^^ 2* Samsung 8GB 2800MHz 1R CL14-36 G.Skill
^^ 2* SK  Hynix 8GB 2800MHz 1R CL14-36 G.Skill
GPU = RX 6800 XT Midnight Black 16GB 2400MHz@990mV MPT 345W max. Power Draw
PSU = BeQuiet System Power 9 700W (672W@12V Rail)

Sorry for my bad english, Thanks for reading and maybe answering!

27 minutes ago, EchtJetzt_445 said:

As i already sad in the Title, the "Prefered Core Selection" in Windows 11 is pretty Bad. I have an 5600X with 4,8GHz on the BEST Core and 3,8GHz on all the others. Windows is grabing my WORST Core to do the Single Core work, this is quite bad, not only because it is the worst performing Core, but also because the Core is clocking 1GHz lower then the "Best Core".

So im loosing 32%** in Cinebench (R23) Single Core and CPU-Z Single Core. **(If i have all cores but the best on 3,8GHz, with PBO i loose maybe 15-17%)
Thats just what i could measure, because i selected the core i want it to use (best one) in the Task Manager and got 32% more Performance out of the Benchmark.
I can't just Overclock the "worst" core and be Happy with it because it can only do about 4,6GHz Stable.. Thats not worth the Multi Core decrease when all the other Cores stop boosting!

My question is can i manually set wich Core Windows 11 should use?

This is what it right now looks like

image.thumb.png.c10bcec5d170cabcadb94593acf7783d.png

I Think you can see whats going wrong, its using the C01 (seen in HwInfo64 this is my WORST Core ) instead of the C02 (#2) or the C06 (#1).
image.thumb.png.1e0cb9d4de8e7ed30437e15640ca8cce.png

My System:
CPU = Ryzen 5 5600X
MB = MSI B550-A PRO
RAM = G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz CL16-38
^^ 2* Samsung 8GB 2800MHz 1R CL14-36 G.Skill
^^ 2* SK  Hynix 8GB 2800MHz 1R CL14-36 G.Skill
GPU = RX 6800 XT Midnight Black 16GB 2400MHz@990mV MPT 345W max. Power Draw
PSU = BeQuiet System Power 9 700W (672W@12V Rail)

Sorry for my bad english, Thanks for reading and maybe answering!

The user doesn't really have any input on this and system chooses it based a number of background things. Have you installed the latest AMD chip set drivers? This was a problem at release and the latest drivers fixed that.

Just now, m9x3mos said:

The user doesn't really have any input on this and system chooses it based a number of background things. Have you installed the latest AMD chip set drivers? This was a problem at release and the latest drivers fixed that.

Yes i did, i have all the newest Drivers and of course also the chipset drivers, but if i can't change it what should i do? It grabs the Worst Core of the hole System..

16 minutes ago, EchtJetzt_445 said:

Yes i did, i have all the newest Drivers and of course also the chipset drivers, but if i can't change it what should i do? It grabs the Worst Core of the hole System..

I would contact amd support and refer to this. They will probably need to collect some information for the development team to look at.

19 minutes ago, EchtJetzt_445 said:

What is your score you are actually getting from those benchmarks?

Cinebench R23 MultiCore: 10035pt   (All Core OC to 4.6GHz is like 750pt more
Cinebench R23 SingleCore: 1492pt   (If i select the best Core with 4.8GHz manually i get like 1540pt but its more i just need to have task manager open all the time)

Now i just Applied LLC 3 and PBO +200MHz.
CPU-Z Single Core: 616pt
CPU-Z Single Core with the Best Core Manually Selected: 658pt
Thats 6% Performance loss with PBO!

Frequencies:
The Good Cores(4): 4850MHz
The Bad Cores(2): 4775MHz
(In the effective clocks only the Best Core does actually run 4850MHz over a long period)

Windows Always Chooses the Badest Core as the one to Perform Single Core Workloads! I Totally don't get it.... It fells like Windows 11 doesn't want the AMD CPU to Perform Good in Single Core...

image.png.1f341f2aac2f48c6cab92af733b1ae4a.png

4 hours ago, EchtJetzt_445 said:

Now i just Applied LLC 3 and PBO +200MHz.
CPU-Z Single Core: 616pt
CPU-Z Single Core with the Best Core Manually Selected: 658pt
Thats 6% Performance loss with PBO!

Frequencies:
The Good Cores(4): 4850MHz
The Bad Cores(2): 4775MHz
(In the effective clocks only the Best Core does actually run 4850MHz over a long period)

Windows Always Chooses the Badest Core as the one to Perform Single Core Workloads! I Totally don't get it.... It fells like Windows 11 doesn't want the AMD CPU to Perform Good in Single Core...

image.png.1f341f2aac2f48c6cab92af733b1ae4a.png

I have never had good results with pbo on. On my 2nd gen thread ripper anyway. Was this windows 10 upgraded to 11? Other than trying to set factory defaults in the bios and try again and see what happens. Maybe keeping Ryzen master closed. I love my thread ripper but I think Ryzen master is horrible software. At least in my experience.

I totally agree with you, the lack of the ability to clock every Core individually might be Hardware related but undervolting the basclock cores and overvolting the boost clock cores would significantly increase posibilitys. Or at least they yould let us set the "base clock" the other Cores are defaulting to. But none of your suggested things helped me sadly. I did all of this, even a compleate fresh install with PBO enabled (BIOS).