I think my CPU is half dead

Sen Uii

So I recently got a ryzen 5 2600x to replace my 3000g, it was working great until my friend gave me his motherboard. When I replaced my old board with the new one I didn't get any video out, I had just assumed that the motherboard was broken and switched back to my old one which worked fine.

About a month later I found a good deal on the Rog strix b450-f gaming motherboard and ordered one, it just arrived today so I went ahead and installed it, now I'm having the same problem as before where I get no video at all and the lights on the board stay on "VGA error". Just to test things I went ahead and tried my old 3000g and it works fine. I have also tried different gpus with the 2600x and I get the same error

My parts are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: 1060 3gb

Motherboard: rog strix b450-f gaming

OLD Motherboard: Asus prime a320m-k

RAM: 16GB

This is a very weird issue that I have seen similarly to this. It could be the CPU, but mostly it's the ram, try to switch the ram out as one of the memory channels might be dead?switch ram around.

8 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Got to ask, display cable plugged in to the GPU and not the motherboard?

lol yes it is

15 minutes ago, MichaelStarz said:

This is a very weird issue that I have seen similarly to this. It could be the CPU, but mostly it's the ram, try to switch the ram out as one of the memory channels might be dead?switch ram around.

I have tried just a single stick in all the ram slots unfortunately it didn't help

Another thing you can check is bios, see if it needs to be updated to the latest one or downgrade the bios if the CPU ain't supported by that bios' revision.