ASUS GT-AX6000 and Verizon Fios

Coolstrybro

Has anyone purchased the router featured in this video

I understand it was a sponsored video but I was really excited to try the router and I am unable to get symmetrical speeds with my 1 Gig (900up 900 down) plan through Verizon Fios.

Directly from the ONT I am receiving the correct speeds and using my Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 everything is fine so I am pretty disappointed in the router but it has shining reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting up an ASUS Router with Fios. 

I have tried downgrading the firmware and updating it again, Reseting the router, using a new SSID, different cables and even my old ISP which was Xfinity (Everything is fine using them (1.4g down 50up) so I really don’t know what to do.

I have also disabled all QOS and Adaptive Features which is a huge loss considering the router but that didn’t help either.

thanks in advance.

With this router…

Xbox Hardwired gets 1mb up….

Speeds are 500down 10up or worse.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, Coolstrybro said:

Has anyone purchased the router featured in this video

The GT-AX6000 is a very good home wireless router which should allow you to take full advantage of symmetrical gigabit internet connections in WAN-to-LAN transfers.

Directly from the ONT I am receiving the correct speeds and using my Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 everything is fine so I am pretty disappointed in the router but it has shining reviews.

If you had no problems with the XR1000, why did you replace it with the GT-AX6000?

I have tried downgrading the firmware and updating it again, Reseting the router, using a new SSID, different cables and even my old ISP which was Xfinity (Everything is fine using them (1.4g down 50up) so I really don’t know what to do.

1. Did you put the FiOS device in bridge mode?
  2. Have you run wired speed tests from the GT-AX6000 at speedtest.net, fast.com and dslreports.com?
  3. Does a PC connected via ethernet to the GT-AX6000 have at least a 1Gbps link as recognized by the ethernet adapter?

• 1 month later...

@Falcon1986

While the XR1000 is a fantastic router I wanted to check out the GT-AX6000. Versus.com has a pretty nifty comparison tool which highlights what makes the GT-AX6000 a technically superior router.

https://versus.com/en/asus-rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-vs-netgear-nighthawk-pro-gaming-xr1000

I was also interested in flashing Merlin down the line which at this point I have been able to do but it makes no difference to the Upload Speeds I get with this router. I have contacted Asus to troubleshoot but they have not been very helpful. (They have suggested replacing the router but I want to be sure its not a setting within the router)

I don't think I should have to put the router that Fios provided in-between this one as the ONT is configured for Ethernet.

I have tested it from Speedtest, Fast and Dsl and all of them give me between 600-900 down and 1-30 up which is far below the symmetrical 940/940 I should be receiving.