GPU whine

Coltonw023456

so today my GPU started to make this coil whine on idle and its loud lol 

im only used to this card making coil whine when gaming but not on idle 

RX 5600 Xt 

Simple just yell at it and tell it to stop Whining. 

Generally Coil whine is just a thing you have to deal with. You have to either get a Bequiet case that has thick sound deadening or just try dealing with it. You could try a few things but i dont reccomend taking the card apart to do it and have it just not fix the issue.

Well, my brand new Strix 3070 coil whine too. Its worse if you have mesh case like i do. Lancool 2 Mesh. I did try bringing back to the local shop if I'm able to get replacement and they denied it cause when they tested out with their own rig, there is no coil whine. Chances that changing the PSU will reduce coil whine significantly. or maybe you can't. My 2080Ti doesn't coil whine though, same rig.

11 hours ago, WR50M said:

Well, my brand new Strix 3070 coil whine too. Its worse if you have mesh case like i do. Lancool 2 Mesh. I did try bringing back to the local shop if I'm able to get replacement and they denied it cause when they tested out with their own rig, there is no coil whine. Chances that changing the PSU will reduce coil whine significantly. or maybe you can't. My 2080Ti doesn't coil whine though, same rig.

my power supply is roughly new i mean its few years old but idk i put my hear to my gpu and its the gpu but when i first bought this GPU i RMA it to Amazon because on idle it was doing this and i got a replacement and it was better but now 2 years later its doing it but playing games i had no crashing so the card is healthy i just don't want it to die because with gpu prices il be stuck with no computer LOL i got all my parts for birthdays i slowly upgraded over the years i started with a i5 and i even had a exon how ever you spell it my first GPU was a 1050 ti and then i got a 1060 and now i have this card but yeah it scares me lol