Motherboard giving single beeps like there's no tomorrow

Lennart van de Merwe
Go to solution Solved by HanZie82,

Just to make sure its not your HDD unplug it and turn the system on to hear if it still does it.

I have a B450 Aorus elite coupled with a ryzen 2600x and 2x8 gbs of 3000 Mhz corsair vengeance ram.
My PC appears to work just fine and posts like normal, but the motherboard keeps giving very annoying constant single beeps. Every few seconds it'll beep once. The beeps are not in some sort of rhythm so I take it they're single beeps, from what I've read online is that single beeps are supposed to be something with your RAM, so I reseated it with no effect. I could try swapping to a single stick and seeing whether it's just one of the stick acting up. Weird thing is, when I ran AIDA64 and Userbenchmark on no significant performance losses were detectable by me. I'm also not sure whether the beeps apply here, since the single beep thing is supposed to be something during start-up only (during start up I have no beeps generally).

I also considered that the beeps might not be the mobo, but my old HDD dying, so I ran HDtune on it, but that had no errors come back either.

So, any idea on what the beeping might be, and how do I stop it?
Also, fyi, I have stopped using my desktop for now and am now on laptop. If you need any hardware info, please do ask.

Just to make sure its not your HDD unplug it and turn the system on to hear if it still does it.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Okay I've tried that and it appears to have worked - I do feel kinda silly for it though. Do you reckon I could still get a new hard drive and copy the old drive files to the new one or is this one too far gone despite that it has no corrupted data?

7 minutes ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Okay I've tried that and it appears to have worked - I do feel kinda silly for it though. Do you reckon I could still get a new hard drive and copy the old drive files to the new one or is this one too far gone despite that it has no corrupted data?

That is exactly what i wouldve recommended.
Get the data off as fast as possible and only turn it on when you really need to.

But if the files are not important, use it until it dies, or use it for something else, like external HDD. (Buy a case and put it in).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

13 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

That is exactly what i wouldve recommended.
Get the data off as fast as possible and only turn it on when you really need to.

But if the files are not important, use it until it dies, or use it for something else, like external HDD. (Buy a case and put it in).

Alright, thanks!