OS faceoff!

Kevin Beam

What is the current operating system are you guys running? What OS is in your opinion was the best and please guys explain why it was.

My favorite OS is Windows 7 because it has everything that made XP great and what made Vista an usable OS, the speed and simplicity of XP and the sleek looks and security of Vista.

Alright guys I want hear from you.

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

My favorite OS is Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, because i have never had a problem with it. :D

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I don't think this is required, for Desktop users Windows 7 wins hands down.

Desktop PC: Win 7 > Win XP > Vista > Win 8

My favorite OS is Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, because i have never had a problem with it. :D
That's what makes Apple's OS popular. Here's what makes a OS great, in my opinion, they way it looks, amount of memory it uses and stability. Windows vista used a pos memory management system which made it very slow and caused it to crash apps.

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

It isn't required it's a friendly discussion regarding all of your guys thoughts on operating systems, you can't say "Windows 7 wins hands down" because there are people who prefer Linux and other versions of Windows.

I actually like Windows 8 the more I use it, it's faster (this is a fact), has excellent memory management and I'm starting to like Metro. Vista is at the bottom of my list do to the fact it is a memory hog, this on a system with 4GB of RAM and x64, Windows 8 would be on the top of my list if it wasn't for metro.

Don't think that I'm bashing on you I'm just voicing my opinion.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I like Windows 7, and im using windows 8 with start8 atm, and I find it good too.

Both of those are great, but i really like OSX too.

Well, the point of Windows 8 is the metro UI which does not appeal to many Desktop Users as of this posting. It may change over time, but for generalization Windows 7 would likely still be the most popular right now.

add a poll

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald