3080 continuous quiet beeps, no idea why.

Jack710
Go to solution Solved by IBM_THINKPAD_R51,

sorry for the spam, but in all honesty unless you start getting actual glitches and performance problems you are completely fine, coil wine isnt even a problem, since thats just how coils work, sometimes the glue they use to keep it silent just hardens after a bit and gets less effective

Hello, I don’t know how long I’ve had this issue but it’s becoming increasingly bothersome the more I look into it. My 3080 produces a very faint, continuous beeping noise at a constant rate. It does this constantly, but when I’m gaming I’m assuming it just gets toned out by my fans. I know it’s my 3080 because I hear it loudest when I’m right next to the side vents on the card. Ive looked up everything I possibly could and I even found a post on here that sounds similar to mine but his was just cool whine. While I do get that at times I know this isn’t that noise, and it stresses me out. Please also let me know if I’m overreacting, I tend to do that. 

PC Specs: 

cpu: i7 11700kf

gpu: 3080 10 gb OC Gigabyte

psu: 750 watt thermaltake toughpower gf1 series 80 plus gold ultra quiet

case: Lian li 011 dynamic atx razer edition 

cpu cooler: cooler master master liquid lite 240 mm argb

mobo: msi mpg z590 gaming carbon wifi atx

case fans: thermaltake 120mm pure plus led tt premium edition 

ssd: seagate firecuda 520  1tb

hdd: seagate 2tb (I don’t remember which version it has a blue sticker)

memory: 16 gb 2x8 Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600 mhz 

I got this pc as a custom prebuilt from CyberPower 

Also here’s a video of what it sounds like sorry for the other noises I have a fridge close to me and my fans are loud even on the silent setting 

Also the techy garbling from the gpu is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the continuous beeps that you can hear between that. 

it is likely the bearing on one of the fans starting to go bad or wasn't lubricated properly during assembly at the factory.

There's not much you can do about it unless you want to RMA it.

If it's the bearing, it will get worse over time but if it's a bur or chip on the bearing (that's what it sounds like to me) it can go a long long time before the fan wears out to the point of stopping. You would hear a whine from the fan when it properly starts to fail, or the fan will just stop spinning one day.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

57 minutes ago, Jack710 said:

Hello, I don’t know how long I’ve had this issue but it’s becoming increasingly bothersome the more I look into it. My 3080 produces a very faint, continuous beeping noise at a constant rate. It does this constantly, but when I’m gaming I’m assuming it just gets toned out by my fans. I know it’s my 3080 because I hear it loudest when I’m right next to the side vents on the card. Ive looked up everything I possibly could and I even found a post on here that sounds similar to mine but his was just cool whine. While I do get that at times I know this isn’t that noise, and it stresses me out. Please also let me know if I’m overreacting, I tend to do that. 

PC Specs: 

cpu: i7 11700kf

gpu: 3080 10 gb OC Gigabyte

psu: 750 watt thermaltake toughpower gf1 series 80 plus gold ultra quiet

case: Lian li 011 dynamic atx razer edition 

cpu cooler: cooler master master liquid lite 240 mm argb

mobo: msi mpg z590 gaming carbon wifi atx

case fans: thermaltake 120mm pure plus led tt premium edition 

ssd: seagate firecuda 520  1tb

hdd: seagate 2tb (I don’t remember which version it has a blue sticker)

memory: 16 gb 2x8 Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600 mhz 

I got this pc as a custom prebuilt from CyberPower 

Also here’s a video of what it sounds like sorry for the other noises I have a fridge close to me and my fans are loud even on the silent setting 

IMG_4702.MOV

If you are sure its from the GPU, then it can only be these two, it can either be coil wine, not serious, just annoying, or its from the fans, more serious, means the bearings might be bad. To check, use your finger to stop all the fans, if the wine is still there and the pitch doesnt change, then it is coil wine.

16 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

it is likely the bearing on one of the fans starting to go bad or wasn't lubricated properly during assembly at the factory.

There's not much you can do about it unless you want to RMA it.

If it's the bearing, it will get worse over time but if it's a bur or chip on the bearing (that's what it sounds like to me) it can go a long long time before the fan wears out to the point of stopping. You would hear a whine from the fan when it properly starts to fail, or the fan will just stop spinning one day.

3 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

If you are sure its from the GPU, then it can only be these two, it can either be coil wine, not serious, just annoying, or its from the fans, more serious, means the bearings might be bad. To check, use your finger to stop all the fans, if the wine is still there and the pitch doesnt change, then it is coil wine.

I appreciate your replies but my gpu fans aren't even running in that video. Im talking about the beep that happens every second and a half from the gpu itself. For some reason the video i uploaded isnt working so ill upload it again so you both can hear what im talking about.

Just now, Jack710 said:

I appreciate your replies but my gpu fans aren't even running in that video. Im talking about the beep that happens every second and a half from the gpu itself. For some reason the video i uploaded isnt working so ill upload it again so you both can hear what im talking about.

if its not the fans, then the only other thing it could be is coil wine...if its not that, then it cant be the gpu tbh.

Just now, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

if its not the fans, then the only other thing it could be is coil wine...if its not that, then it cant be the gpu tbh.

i just looked at the video and it sounds like a very early case of coil wine

sorry for the spam, but in all honesty unless you start getting actual glitches and performance problems you are completely fine, coil wine isnt even a problem, since thats just how coils work, sometimes the glue they use to keep it silent just hardens after a bit and gets less effective

3 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

I don't think you were spamming I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to reply to me and put me at ease. The beep is something I've had for a bit but its just bothersome,  I guess its something I will have to live with, but thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Jack710 said:

I don't think you were spamming I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to reply to me and put me at ease. The beep is something I've had for a bit but its just bothersome,  I guess its something I will have to live with, but thank you. 

oh its fine, i have a bit of coil wine myself that appears when the gpu is working, over the years its normal for it to get lower pitch but louder.